Learn how to make the very easy and healthy Fish and Chips Recipe ONLINE! This homemade version is friendly to fitness lovers because we use less oil but still very tasty. You can enjoy fish and chips even when you’re trying to lose weight.
In this recipe, we’re using pangasius. This fish has low calories but you can replace it with another fish, the instructions are the same. You’ll have flavorful breading then fried to golden brown perfection and served with crisp potato chips.
Now let’s check what you’ll need.
- 1 pangasius fillet (you can change it with other fish)
- 1 potato
- 1 egg
- 1/3 bowl of flour
- 1/3 bowl of bread crumbs
How to make fish & chips
- Use one pangasius fillet and dry it with kitchen paper towels.
- Cut the fillet into pieces.
- Add spices you like and mix them. I put salt, black pepper, and garlic.
- Mix them and let the fish sits for 15 minutes.
- Peel potatoes and cut them into sticks.
- Boil potato chips for 2-3 minutes, then dry your chips.
- Stir an egg. Cover your fish with flour, egg, and bread crumbs one by one. Don’t change the order.
Don’t forget to pat after covering with flour, otherwise the shell would be too thick.
- Put the tin foil in the oven plate, spray the oil into the plate.
Using an oil sprayer would save massively decrease the oil usage and make your fish and chips more healthy.
- Put potato chips and fish on the tray.
- Add salt and black pepper. Spray the oil again.
- Preheat the oven and bake with 220 °C for 25 minutes. You can change the time scale flexibly according to your oven’s situation.
Where to get cheap and qualified food? You can get them on Thrive Market — an online grocery store that curates the best organic, non-GMO groceries, beauty, and cleaning supplies at 25% to 50% off regular retail prices.
Find more details on My Completely Honest Thrive Market Reviews | 2020.
You can also get fresh products from Instacart.
Check how to save money on Instacart for more information.
We also provide Walmart coupons.
To find other online coupons and deals, please visit our Coupons page!