Ordering food delivery is a simple yet blissful convenience we can enjoy in modern-day life. With only a few taps or clicks, you can place an order on your favorite dishes, sit back and have them delivered to your place within an hour. And there isn’t even a stack of dishes awaiting you when you finish.
However, as you order in, you may start to worry about the delivery fees – while it’s small at a time, it kinda creeps into your wallet in the long run.
If you’re wondering how to cut down your delivery expenses, don’t worry – we have the answer for you.
1. Order from restaurants offering free delivery
Intuitively you can go to your favorite restaurants to see if they offer free delivery. Or if you don’t have a particular option in mind, you can check out the following list to decide which one to order in.
- Boston Market: All orders placed online and through the app are eligible for free delivery.
- Buffalo Wild Wings: Free delivery whether you order online or through the app.
- Burger King: Order on Mondays or Sundays to enjoy free delivery.
- Chili’s: Get free delivery if you spend over $15.
- Chipotle: Orders over $10 are eligible for free delivery.
- Cracker Barrel: Orders over $5 are eligible for free delivery.
- Del Taco: Order from Grubhub, Postmates or Doordash to enjoy free delivery on your first order.
- Denny’s: Order from Grubhub, Postmates or Doordash to enjoy free delivery on your first order.
- IHOP: $0 delivery fee if you order with UberEats for a minimum spend of $15.
- KFC: Order with Grubhub to enjoy free delivery on your first order.
- Little Caesars: Use TRYDELIVERY1 to have $5 off on your first delivery.
- McDonald’s: Order with Doordash to get free dleivery on a mininum $20 purchase.
- Miguel’s Jr.: Free delivery if you order from Postmates, DoorDash and Uber Eats.
- O’Charley’s: Free delivery for orders of $30 and more.
- Rubios: Free delivery for orders of $20 and more.
- Saladworks: Order from Grubhub, Postmates or Doordash to enjoy free delivery on your first order.
- Subway: Order from Grubhub, Postmates or Doordash to enjoy free delivery on your first order.
- Starbucks: Order with Doordash to get free dleivery on a mininum $15 purchase.
- Taco Bell: Get free Grubhub delivery on all orders over $12.
- Wendy’s: All orders $10 are eligible for free delivery on Grubhub and Postmates.
- 7-Eleven: Get free delivery on orders placed through the 7NOW delivery app.
2. Make use of special offers on delivery services
Many big name food delivery services have enticing offers for their customers. Some of them offer free delivery while others give a significant discount that may cover the delivery fee.
You can compare these services, check if they are in your neighborhood and decide the one that works for you.
|Services||Special offers for first-time customers|
|Door Dash||$0 delivery fee on orders more than $10 within first 30 days|
Save $5 on each of your first 3 orders
First Order, 20% if you meet a $15 order minimum in some stores
|HelloFresh||$90 off in total over your 4 deliveries, including free shipping on the first box|
|Uber Eats||$0 delivery fee on spending of %15 and above|
5% off on orders more than $15
|Grubhub||$10 off on your first orders of $15 and more|
|Caviar||$0 delivery fee on first order|
|Blue Apron||$20 off for each of your first three boxes|
|Instacart||Free Delivery on your first order of $35+|
3. Use a coupon
Restaurants rarely skimp on giving out coupons to win over customers. However, the internet is frustratingly filled with invalid or expired coupons that people end up barely bothering to find one any more. Luckily we’re here to help.
DE Coupons is a coupon website that offers millions of coupons and deals for thousands of brands and stores – including your favorite restaurants.
It regularly updates new promotions & deals and removes those no longer working to improve the accuracy and validity (although it’d be virtually impossible to eradicate all those wrong codes).
- To navigate the site, you can go to the bottom of the page, then browse through All stores or All Categories.
- Or alternatively, if you want to have a specific store in mind, simply click on the Search box in the right corner, type it and hit Enter. You’ll be presented with all ongoing promotions and discount information about that store.
Once you find a coupon or deal you like, just copy the code and head to the shop to select items you wish to purchase. At checkout, paste the code in the promo codes area to apply the code.
And that’s it – you have successfully used a coupon to cut down your food delivery fees.
That’s it. Three methods to help you save delivery fees on your food order. What tricks have you used? Do you have more tips to share? Leave us a comment below.