If you think you need a visual smart device to help youorganize your daily life, control your smart home, provide entertainment, and make your every day life easier with a few screen taps or simply your voice, a smart display will appeal to you.
In this post, we’ll explain what a smart screen is capable of and show you some popular models that might be right for you.
What’s a smart display and what it can do
Smart displays are the latest home digital device that comes with a touch screen and built-in voice assistant (Alexa or Google Assistant). Different from smart speakers, they can act as smart home hubs or command centers. This allows you to operate your home gadgets without moving between controllers. Here are some more features that make smart display an attractive option for you:
- Stream Shows and Movies – Many smart displays is able to stream shows and movies from popular streaming services.
- Make Video Calls – Smart displays can also be used to make video calls. This makes it easy to stay in touch with family and friends who live far away.
- Watch Online Content – Some of the smart screens can be used to watch online content such as YouTube and TED Talks, which allows you to stay entertained and informed.
- Visual Dashboard – Smart displays can also be used as a visual dashboard for your smart home. You can use them to keep track of your security cameras and other smart home devices.
- View Recipes – Smart displays can also be used to view recipes. So you can cook delicious meals easily without having to search through cookbooks or search online.
- Ask General Knowledge Questions – Smart displays can be used to ask general knowledge questions, making it convenient to find info you need quickly and easily at any time.
The best smart displays on the market
With the growing popularity of smart home devices, there are more and more smart screen products on the market. Here for you, we‘ve picked out the best smart displays with the most unique features.
1. Echo Show 10 (3rd Gen) | HD smart display with motion and Alexa
With a moveable 10.1″ HD screen and a 2 x 1.0” tweeters + 3.0” woofer speaker combined together, the Echo Show 10 (3rd Gen) is a product for those who seek the best-sounding smart display.
Apart from that, the Echo Show 10 can help you multitask (adjust and control your smart home devices, stream your favorite shows, listen to pop music, and view step-by-step recipes) while you’re prepping your dinner. And, thanks to the 13 MP camera with auto-framing, you can move around in your kitchen without worrying about being out of frame when you video calling your friends.
2. Echo Show 15 | Full HD 15.6″ smart display with Alexa
The Echo Show 15 has a striking full 15.6” screen (1920 x 1080 resolution). So it is definitely the most eye-catching product in the Amazon Echo Show lineup with its . It can be used in either landscape or portrait orientation. Therefore it’s especially ideal for mounting on walls and serving as a smart picture frame. When you need it as entertainment, you can stream over 200,000 shows for free with the built-in Fire TV.
Additionally, the widget-based interface can help you organize your family life easily by making to-do lists, scheduling your shopping, jotting down ideas, checking out individual calendars, finding healthy recipes and ordering meal delivery.
3. Meta Portal Plus
If you’re a Facebook user who enjoys staying in touch with family and friends, this Meta product is for you. Whenever you make a video call with it, its integrated 14” HD screen, 12MP smart camera and stereo speaker ensure that you can be seen and heard clearly.
Using the Meta Portal Plus, not only can you communicate with loved ones through WhatsApp, but also to excel at work via the work services it integrates, such as Zoom, Microsoft Teams, BlueJeans, and so on.
4. Google Nest Hub Max
The Google Nest Hub Max has a 10-inch HD screen(1280×800) and powerful stereo speakers, which can bring you audio-visual enjoyment entertainment. It can also serve as a smart home hub to control compatible smart devices in your home especially if you’re a Google Nest product fan.
With the 6.5-megapixel camera and the Face Match technology, it can recognize who you are and keep an eye on your home while you’re away. The Google assistant can be your great helper to get things done. All you have to do is say “Hi, Google” and give commands like “book a restaurant for me” or “turn off the bedroom light”
Other useful devices for your smart home
Of course, smart displays are still relatively new to some, and you may be unsure if you really need one. Or, you may require additional smart devices for your smart home setup. In either case, you could consider the smart devices listed below, which are our top picks.
- Help to wake you up naturally
- Sleep patterns tracker
- Monitors bedroom temperature, humidity and light
- Sleep patterns tracker
- Voice-controlled smart lamp, works with ALEXA
- Dimensions: 5.2 x 6.7 x 1.45in
- ENERGY STAR certified
- Monitors with helpful reminders
- Operates in a programed energy efficient schedule
- Compatible with 85% of systems
- Works with Google Assistant, Amazon Alexa
- Dimensions: 3.31 x 3.31 x 1.07in
- Deals with sticky messes and kitchen grease
- Covers area between 400 sq.ft. and 1000 sq.ft
- Able to build personal Smart Maps
- Works with Google Assistant, Alexa
- Cutting-edge vSLAM navigation
- Imprint smart mapping for complete control
- Built-in Alexa helps you organize your smart home life
- Premium sound with Dolby audio quality
- Speaker: 3.0" woofer and dual front-firing 0.8" tweeters
- Built-in temperature sensor
- Built-in Zigbee + Matter smart home hub for devices control
- Size: 5.7” x 5.7” x 5.2”
- Allows you who’s at your door while you’re away
- 1080p HD video with infrared night video and two-way audio
- Long-lasting battery life
- Wire-free installation
- Works with Alexa to help you receive alerts and answer
- Field of view: 135° horizontal, 80° vertical