This post will provide a few tricks for finding out who visited your Facebook profile, whether you’re looking for ways to know who is visiting your profile page or you want to know their identity. Read on and find out what they are…
Table of contents
How to Find Out Who Viewed My Facebook Profile
While you may have run into a lot of online posts claiming there is an official way to check users who have viewed your profile – which is through Facebook mobile app on your iOS device, we’ve verified that the so-call Facebook new feature doesn’t exist.
Let’s take a look at what Facebook says about this on the official site:
Facebook doesn’t let people track who views their profile. Third-party apps also can’t provide this functionality. If you come across an app that claims to offer this ability, please report the app.
So Facebook doesn’t have a built-in feature that can be used to check who visited your profile page. While you might have seen ads run by third-party apps or websites claiming they can do it for you, we don’t recommend using this way. One reason is that they are not safe and in most cases, they won’t actually work. Another reason is that you might end up losing your account information when using third-party apps or extensions like this.
However, don’t give up just yet. There is one trick we can apply to get an idea of who viewed your profile page. (Before you proceed, note that while this method does show the names and IDs, it hasn’t been confirmed that these people are visiting your profile. But still, worth a shot!)
- Log into your Facebook account.
- Click your Facebook username in the top right corner to go to your profile page.
- On your keyboard, press the Ctrl and U keys at the same time.
- Press the Ctrl and F keys if you’re using a Windows PC, or press the Command (⌘) and F keys if you’re on a Mac.
- Copy buddy_id and paste it into the search bar.
- Next to each instance of buddy_id in the results, you’ll see a user ID number and a person’s name. The names on this list might be the people who view your profile most.
Occasionally, you might notice someone who visits you constantly, say the person comments on or likes your posts frequently, and whose name doesn’t seem familiar to you, whether they are using a real name or a random username. So you might want to know who the stranger is.
The easiest way is to ask the person directly. But if that’s not an option for you, or if you suspect a Facebook user is cyber-stalking you and you want to find out the person’s true identity, you can instead, using BeenVerified’s reverse username search to get a detailed background report of the person. All you need to do is entering the username on the tool and the tool will return a report which may include the person’s name, phone number, address, criminal records and more.
How to Know the Person’s Identity by Facebook Username
It can be tricky to start your investigation when you’re trying to find the identity behind a Facebook username. But don’t worry. There are searches you can do to unearth the information you need.
1. Do a Reverse Username Search
A reverse username tool is a specialized search engine that will give you the background information for someone based on a username and is your best bet to find the person’s information online. All you need to do to get the information is entering the username in to the search engine, and you will be able to view a detailed report including the person’s name, age, address, telephone numbers, criminal records, workplace, and more.
There are many reverse username search tools available, and our favorites are BeenVerified and Spokeo. Note these two tools will give you different results. If you want to find the real identity behind a username, you want to use BeenVerified, but if you want to find profiles using the same username on different social networks, Spokeo will be able to help. This might help you discover someone’s profile pages on various sites, such as Instagram, Tinder, YouTube, LinkedIn and more.
Option 1 – BeenVerified
BeenVerified is one of the top people search tools. It combines a vast database of aggregated public data from public records, social media accounts, criminal history information, property records, and more.
1. Go to BeenVerified and set up your account.
2. Select Social Media Search, then type the username into the search bar and click Search.
3. BeenVerified will return background reports associated with the piece of information you entered. You can use the advanced filter on the right panel to narrow down your search.
4. Click the report you want to view. Each report will include contact information, phone numbers, email addresses, physical addresses, criminal records, and more.
Note that BeenVerified is a subscription-based service, so you need a membership to access the report. If you’re not a member yet, the good news is BeenVerified is now offering a 7-day trial membership, which only costs $1!
Option 2 – Spokeo
Another powerful people search tool to use is Spokeo. Spokeo gathers all available information from public sources and stores them in one database. It provides an easy way to confidentially look up information about whoever you want to track down online using just a username.
1. Go to Spokeo.
2. Type the username into the search bar and click SEARCH NOW.
3. Spokeo then searches for profiles that match the username. You can check each profile page to see if that belongs to the person you’re looking for.
This will help you discover the person’s profile pages on different sites.
4. You might be able to find the real name of the person through Spokeo. If you would like to know more about the person, running background research using the name will reveal more information.
Aside from being one of the fastest people search sites, Spokeo is also affordable. A one-time name report – which includes address, email, phone number, location history, marital status, and family, costs only 95 cents if you opt into a free seven-day trial membership. After the trial ends, make sure you cancel the service if you don’t need it anymore; otherwise, it bills you at $24.95 per month.
2. Cross-Check Different Social Networks
Most people use the same or similar usernames when creating new profiles on different social media platforms, so the same username might probably be found on sites like Twitter, Snapchat, Instagram, Reddit, Facebook and more. This makes it’s easier to track down anyone online.
To save your time and effort, you might want to start your searches with Google. Just enter the person’s username on the search bar; you may be able to pull up results on multiple sites and gather more information.
But, just like any other people search, it’s very rare to get all you’re looking for in just one search. So you might want to enter the username into a few social networks. You can potentially find lists of friends, images, even personal information that matches the username.