Ever been curious about an anonymous Instagram account that consistently views your stories? Or suspect an Instagram account that doesn’t look like a real person? Whether simply out of curiosity or for safety reasons, you can follow the methods below to find out who owns an Instagram account, secretly and easily.
1. Reverse look up the Instagram username
BeenVerified is a reliable people finder featuring a reverse username search that traces 50+ social media accounts. Relying on the power of public records, this tool could help you discover the person behind an Instagram profile and unveil their background information like phone numbers, email, addresses, education, and more.
1) Go to the BeenVerified username search page, enter an Instagram username, and click Search.
2) BeenVerified will start scanning for the potential owner. After it completes, you’ll receive a report showing who’s the account owner along with details like the person’s phone number, email address, address history, professional background, and photos, when available.
2. Track social media profile owner
PeopleLooker is another dependable and easy-to-use website to track social media profiles. Simply provide a username, whether it’s an Instagram account or Twitter handle, and this tool will search through millions of public records to accurately identify the owner.
1) Visit the official PeopleLooker website.
2) Enter an Instagram username and hit Search.
2) For an actively-used username, you’ll find a wealth of relevant information such as the owner’s name, age, address, phone number, email, criminal records, profile photos, and more.
3. Run a reverse image search
If a reverse username search doesn’t yield results, you can use Social Catfish to search with an Instagram photo. It’s a professional online dating investigative service that combines advanced facial recognition with in-depth background checks. All you need is to upload a picture, and it will identify the person and track the websites where they have a profile.
1) Visit the Social Catfish search page. Upload an image and click Search.
2) The scanning process will take a few seconds. Once done, unlock the full report to acquire necessary information you need.
4. Discover relevant online accounts
Spokeo is a reputed people intelligence service specializing in personal background checks. It integrates a range of convenient search tools, allowing you to obtain thorough information on an individual by name, phone number, or email. By searching with a username, you can discover more associated profiles instantly.
1) Navigate to the Spokeo’s search page.
2) Type in an Instagram account and click Search Now.
3) Spokeo will find profiles matching the username, including Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn, and more. You can check for more details about the Instagram account through each platform.
Phone: (888) 906-0849
Live Chat: https://www.spokeo.com/contact
5. Check the Instagram profile
When you take a closer look at an Instagram profile, you may find it provides a lot of valuable information. Start by examining the bio section, where many users will display their real names or share contact information like a phone number or an email address. Sometimes, an email address may be made up of a name that could help you recognize the account’s identity. You can also browse the posts and comments to gather more useful hints.
Tips: If the email address appears to be a random combination of characters and numbers, you could perform a reverse email lookup to pinpoint the email owner.
6. Use a free search engine
Search engines like Google, Bing, and Yahoo index a vast amount of online data and let you search for relevant sources based on specific search terms. For example, by searching for an IG username on Google, you may come across other social profiles using the same username or helpful information for your further investigation.
If a typical text search doesn’t help, you can upload an Instagram picture or avatar to Google Images and it will trace the image sources and return more similar pictures.
7. Cross-check different social media
If you know someone’s Instagram name, there’s a good chance you’ll find them on other platforms like Facebook, LinkedIn, or Twitter, as many people use the same usernames across different social media.
Visit each network one by one, search for the Instagram username in question, and delve deep into the matched profiles, if there are any. Professional social networks like LinkedIn may offer more comprehensive and authentic personal details like real name, photo, phone number, job, etc.
Instagram Username Search
Search for owner’s name, address & more!
What if the searches yield no results?
You can look up an unknown username easily with a reverse search service or by tapping into public information across the Internet. However, there are instances where you might encounter roadblocks.
Fake or anonymous accounts created by shady individuals for harassment or bullying may leave minimal digital footprints, making it challenging to identify. Similarly, tracing an impersonation account is difficult, as most information is linked to the original person.
For these cases, report the account to Instagram directly. Or you can resort to the forgot password trick as a last option.
Visit the Instagram password reset page, enter the username in question, and click Send login link. It will give you a partial phone number or email address registered to the account, which may help you identify the owner if you suspect it’s someone you know. Please note that this method will trigger an alert sent to the owner.
So these are all the methods for you to find out who owns an Instagram account. If you have any questions or suggestions, please feel free to leave a comment below.