Receiving and sending emails is part of our daily life, but have you been bothered by a continuous stream of spam and irrelevant ads? Sometimes, block one email address is not enough, we need to block the sender once can forever. So here comes the question, how to find the real physical location of the sender and then block the IP address?
Don’t worry, this post is here to help. We’ll show you how to track email addresses and find the email sender’s location.
Gmail DOES NOT show you the real IP address of the sender
Many posts online would tell you the easiest way to track an IP address of the sender’s location is to check the email headers. But you can’t get the real IP address of the mail sender in Gmail.
It’s because email IP addresses can be considered sensitive information, so Gmail would not display the sender’s email IP address clearly. Google will use its server to process the email, so you can’t see the exact IP address of the email sender, you can only see the IP address that belongs to the Google servers.
If you want to check it by yourself, you can follow the steps to check the email header in Gmail.
1) Open Gmail.
2) Open the sender’s message in Gmail.
3) Click the three dots button on the right, then click Show original.
4) In the pop-up tab, See SPF (sender policy framework), you’ll see the sender’s IP address.
5) Use a free IP lookup tool (e.g. https://who.is/) to fetch the location of the sender.
Obviously, the IP address points to a Google server.
So how to trace an email sender’s location? Don’t worry, read on to find how.
Method 1: Use reverse email search tools
There are reverse email search services online and this is an easy and reliable way to track the email sender when you receive an unknown or suspicious email address.
BeenVerified is one of the most popular email location tracker tools among users. It helps you dig deep into any information related to an email address, You’ll know the sender’s real full name, the contact information like phone numbers, social media profiles ( Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.) What’s more, you’ll have unlimited chances to search with the membership.
1) Go to the BeenVerified.
2) Select Email Lookup, then enter the email address in the search box and click SEARCH.
3) You need to pay for the full access, but now you can grab a 7-day trial for only $1 and enjoy all the premium features.
4) You’ll get a complete report that contains the information you need.
Spokeo is one of the most powerful and easy-to-use people search tools you can find on the market. By entering the email address, you’ll find the information including real name, social media profiles, contact information and more.
1) Go to the Spokeo official page.
2) Click EMAIL and enter the email address. Then hit SEARCH NOW.
3) Click UNLOCK FULL RESULTS. Then click CONTINUE on the new page.
4) Enter the payment information and you’ll get a comprehensive report that contains information associated with the email address.
Method 2: Search on social media
Social media has collected so much personal information that not many people realized yet. Therefore, you can use the email address to search on the social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and etc. You can search the mail ID on Facebook from your account to know more details about them. In case, if he has the same email ID, then it’s a bingo! You can get the location and other info of that person by viewing his profile.
If the concerned person uses the same email ID, then once you search, it will show you their profile in front of you. If not, there is a website called ‘KnowEm’, where you can search their profile.
That’s the most common way to trace the email sender’s location, hope this post would help. If you have any suggestions, questions or ideas, you’re welcome to leave a comment below.