N.C. License Plate Lookup
Research a North Carolina-registered vehicle by license plate
Approved NMVTIS Data Provider
Have you ever come across a North Carolina-registered vehicle that intrigued you? Whether you’re on the lookout for a used car and want to unravel its history, trace the owner of an abandoned vehicle, or identify the culprit in a hit-and-run incident, running a license plate lookup could give you the answer. In this article, we’re showing you 3 ways to run a North Carolina license plate lookup. Read on…
BeenVerified is a powerful license plate lookup tool. With millions of records sourced from the North California Division of Motor Vehicles, NMVTIS, and other legit sources, it is a popular go-to for vehicle history reports.
A BeenVerified vehicle history report may include a car’s previous ownership, title status, photos, vehicle specs, market value, accident history, service records, and more when available.
To track a license plate number with BeenVerified, just enter the tag below:
License Plate Lookup
Research a Vehicle by License Plate
Alternatively, you can head to its official website:
- Go to BeenVerified Vehicle Search.
- In the Search by License Plate section, enter the license plate number to click SEARCH.
- Wait for BeenVerified to scan its data sources. Once it locates a match, it’ll generate a report containing all available information about the vehicle.
Got your eyes on a car but the deal seems too good to be true? Just Bumper before you buy. Bumper is a professional vehicle search tool designed to take care of your vehicle-related needs. With Bumper, you can run a license plate lookup not only to gain insights into a vehicle’s specs, ownership, history, and market value but also to compare vehicles side-by-side.
- Head to Bumper License Plate Lookup.
- Pop in your car’s plate number, select North Carolina, and then click SEARCH.
- Sit tight as Bumper builds a report based on the vehicle. You can also download its mobile app so that you can view the results on the go.
N.C.DMV (North Carolina Division of Motor Vehicles) is the official source for accessing information related to vehicle registrations and license plates. To run a license plate lookup with NCDMV though, you may typically need to provide a valid ID:
- If you’re ordering personal motor vehicle records in person, you should fill out the necessary forms and present a valid identification document;
- If you’re requesting the records on another’s behalf, you will need both your ID and an additional written and notarized statement that grants you permission to access the records.
With this information, there are two methods you can obtain vehicle records: by Mail or in Person. Also, depending on the amount of information requested, you may be charged up to $14 in the process.
That’s it – three ways to help you research a vehicle that is registered in the state of North Carolina. Hopefully, they’ve helped. If you have any questions, ideas, or suggestions, you’re more than welcome to leave us a comment below.