Ever wondered if your partner is hiding multiple Facebook accounts? It’s a common concern that many people can relate to. A user on hubpages shared the experience of finding out her boyfriend’s two Facebook profiles – one showing a relationship status and the other claiming to be single1.
If you’re curious about your partner’s online activities, this post will show you how to see if someone has a secret Facebook account. You may get ready for some surprising discoveries, as a Redditor discovered her boyfriend portrayed a distinctly different persona on his hidden Facebook account2.
5 ways to find hidden Facebook accounts
Unearthing the digital trail your partner is concealing can be tiring and challenging. And some may feel uneasy about spying on someone’s phone. For a simple and effective investigation, you can give people search tools a shot.
Simply by typing in a name, a piece of email address, or a phone number, or uploading a photo, you may uncover someone’s hidden social profiles easily.
1. Search for secret accounts by name or phone number
BeenVerified is one of the most powerful people search engines online. It allows you to look up an individual’s profile on 55+ popular social networks instantly (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and more). Even if the person has deliberately hidden the account with a unique username you don’t know, you can unlock it with ease by phone number.
1) Go to the BeenVerified homepage. Select a search type you prefer, enter the required information, and click Search.
2) Wait a couple of minutes and BeenVerified will come up with a report about the person you’re looking for, including all the available social media accounts.
2. Track digital footprint by email
Spokeo is also my favorite tool to discover someone’s social profile. It has a robust database that covers over 120 social media platforms, helping you find loads of personal information about your partner, friends, or almost anyone. You can start a search with the person’s name or phone number.
1) Visit the Spokeo email search page. Type in an email and click Search Now.
2) All the social media accounts associated with the email will be presented in an easy-to-understand report. You can also take a look at other useful information like the person’s age, address, family info, and public records.
3. Run a reverse image search
If the regular search doesn’t do the trick, try Social Catfish, a professional online dating investigative service that features powerful & accurate image searches. With the picture you uploaded, it will scan for matches from online networks, public databases, and multiple search engines, and track what websites the person has a profile on and the account details.
1) Navigate to the Social Catfish image search page. Upload a photo and click Search.
2) It may take some time to complete the search. Once done, unlock the full report and you may see if someone has created more than one Facebook account without you knowing.
4. Check People you may know on Facebook
If you don’t want to use a paid service, you can invest some time searching on Facebook manually. Reviewing the people that Facebook suggests to you, which may reveal additional accounts of someone you already know.
Even though the person’s secret account uses an anonymous name, a separate email or phone number, and avoids visible connections, Facebook may link it to their primary accounts. This was testified by a user who found her old friend liked a post on her secret FB account3. The connection could be established through other factors like IP addresses, location, devices, or connected networks.
5. Use the forgot password trick
Given that Facebook only supports name search, you cannot find associated profiles when searching by someone’s email address or phone number. However, a Redditor shares a workaround to bypass the limitation, even when the user has hidden their phone number or email address in the profile4.
1) Go to the Facebook reset password page.
2) Enter the person’s email address or phone number and click Search.
2) If that’s used to register a Facebook account, you may see the username and photo. Confirm the account belongs to the person you’re looking for by identifying the partial email and phone number.
3) If so, copy the username into the Facebook search bar, click the People tab, locate the correct user, and view the complete profile.
Methods to avoid:
It’s legitimate to search for public information with a dedicated people search engine for valid reasons. Neverthess, we don’t recommend any tricks that might violate other’s privacy or cross ethical boundaries, even if you’re trying to trace your partner’s secret social media profile.
These endeavors may harm your relationship and even lead to legal consequences:
- Accessing the person’s device (phone, tablet, or computer) without consent to check their installed apps, browsing history, etc.
- Installing a keylogger on the person’s device to capture login credentials for hidden social media accounts.
- Using a spy app, unless you’re using it for parental control purposes or the target person permits it. Apps like mSpy and FamiSafe are designed for parents to track their children’s real-time location and monitor their chat, text messages, call logs, and digital activities.
So this is the complete guide about how to see if someone has a secret Facebook account. If you have any questions or suggestions about finding someone on Facebook or social media, please feel free to leave a comment below.
- Gender and Relationships [hollyfuhrman]. (2010). My boyfriend has 2 facebook profiles, one says in a relationship with me, the other says single. [Online forum post]. HubPages. https://hubpages.com/relationships/forum/185703/my-boyfriend-has-2-facebook-profiles–one-says-in-a-relationship-with-me–the-ot ↩︎
- r/relationship_advice [MwaoMwao]. (2021, July 6). I found out my fake Facebook’s account of my bf. Totally shocked by things I saw there. [Online forum post]. Reddit. https://www.reddit.com/r/relationship_advice/comments/oelgjw/i_found_out_my_fake_facebooks_account_of_my_bf/ ↩︎
- r/privacy [groundhogspoop]. (2023, December 26). An old friend liked a post on my new secret FB account, how did they find me? [Online forum post]. Reddit. https://www.reddit.com/r/privacy/comments/18jtg8f/an_old_friend_liked_a_post_on_my_new_secret_fb/ ↩︎
- r/privacy [deleted user]. (2015, October 7). It is possible to find your facebook profile using your mail or phone number despite your privacy settings. [Online forum post]. Reddit. https://www.reddit.com/r/privacy/comments/3nr4im/it_is_possible_to_find_your_facebook_profile/ ↩︎
All product names, logos, brands, trademarks and registered trademarks are property of their respective owners.