Reverse Phone Lookup
Find out who this number belongs to!
In this age of technology, it’s quite common that you or your loved ones have miscalls or messages from an unknown number. (Occasionally, you see a call or text at odd hours from an unrecognized number on your partner’s phone.)
Out of curiosity or for safety concerns, you’ll want to identify the unknown caller or find out who’s behind that phone number. Here, we’ve got you covered!
Method 1: Conduct a Google search
Receiving a call or text from a number you don’t recognize can leave you in suspense. A Google search may unravel the mystery. Just enter the unknown number into the search bar and Google will sift through its extensive database. From public records to online listings, Google scours the web to uncover information linked to that specific number. It’s a simple yet effective way to reveal the identity behind those mysterious digits.
Method 2: Search on social media sites
You can try searching for the number on social media like Facebook and WhatsApp. When getting a missed call, a Reddit user tried searching for it via Facebook, adding it as a contact, and searching for it via WhatsApp, though still had no luck with them.1 However, you may get some luck in finding some clues either on the individual’s profile page or their posts that are publicly viewable.
Method 3: Use a reverse phone number lookup service
When it comes to searching for a phone number owner’s name, reverse phone number lookup services come in handy. They allow you to conduct searches with just a phone number.
What kind of information you could find
By running a reverse phone number lookup, you may be able to view the owner’s information as follows, when it’s available:
- Other phone numbers
- Physical address
- Social media accounts
- Criminal & traffic records and more
Now check out the online tools below to search for the unknown caller confidentially.
Free reverse phone number lookup
Sites like truecaller.com allow you to look up phone numbers free of charge. However, the information you can get may be quite limited.
If a free site doesn’t suit your needs, opt for the paid service. Below are the trusted reverse phone number lookup services you can try.
To conduct a reverse phone lookup, you can start with Intelius. It’s a leading provider of public data about people and their connections to others.
Simply enter the digits into the search box and click SEARCH. Then wait for it to search its data sources and find a match. You’ll need to purchase a membership plan to view the report.
When it comes to recommended people search engines, BeenVerified can top our list for the accurate and most up-to-date information it provides. It gives you the power to search billions of data points to find out who’s behind those unknown calls.
Now follow the steps below to find out who’s behind that phone number.
- Navigate to BeenVerified’s search page.
- Select Phone Lookup. Enter the phone number into the box and click SEARCH. BeenVerified will be looking up the number for you.
- If available, click to unlock the detailed report.
If you want to find out whether this number comes from a scammer, definitely use Social Catfish to unveil their real identity.
Social Catfish not only allows you to find out if a phone number is really registered to a person but also lets you see if it is a VOIP phone line. In lots of cases involving scams, people use VOIP numbers to hide their location. And Social Catfish can help uncover this.
- Visit the Social Catfish Reverse Phone Lookup page.
- Enter the mysterious phone number into the box and click Search.
- Wait for Social Catfish to scan the entire web.
- Then you should be provided with results. Select your match and review the report.
If you wish to dig deep into the owner’s social life, try using Spokeo to locate their social media profiles, even dating profiles!
Specifically, Spokeo’s reverse phone lookup allows you to search for records associated with a landline or cell phone number. This can help you gain insight and quickly identify who’s calling or texting you. Follow the steps below to find out the truth.
- Go to Spokeo’s Reverse Phone Lookup page.
- Type in the number and click SEARCH NOW. Spokeo will then sift through billions of phone directories and white page records.
- Spokeo will then summarize the owner’s name and details into an easy-to-understand report. This may include name, location, phone carrier, social media profiles, and more.
So these are the methods to find out who’s behind a mysterious phone number. In a world where everyone’s information is everywhere, it might be simpler than you think. With a quick Google search, a glance at social media, and the help of reverse phone number lookup services, you’ve got the tools to unveil the mystery.
- r/AskUK [abstract-heart] (2022, January 18). Is there any reliable way to find out whose mobile number called me? [Online forum post]. Reddit.