SilverSingles is one of the best options for 50+ singles looking for love and companionship. Before you splash out a subscription, it is important that you take advantage of its free trial to try and decide if it is a good fit for you. In this article, we’re showing you exactly how…
Table of contents
Best Dating App for 50+ Singles
NO.1 trusted app to find real love. Join Free. Start Dating Today.
What is SilverSingles free trial
Technically, SilverSingles doesn’t offer a free trial for its premium memberships. What it has for free instead is a Basic membership. The Basic membership allows you to dip into the community and try out its basic features to see if it is the right dating app for you. It is a trial, but it never expires.
How to get a SilverSingles free trial
Signing up for a SilverSingles free trial is very easy. All you need to do is set up an account – you don’t even have to enter your credit card information and you’re free to use the app for as long as you like.
- Head to SilverSingles Official Website, choose your gender, seeking [gender]. Then enter your email address & password. Once finished, tick the Terms & Conditions box and click Sign Me Up!
- You’ll be taken to a personality test. From there, you’ll need to answer 72 questions regarding your personality, preferences, communication skills, and attitudes towards relationships. Overall, it takes about 25 minutes to complete, but it’s worth the time since it gives the team a general picture of who you are and what your ideal match would be.
- Optionally, you can upload a photo to your profile.
- To unlock the full features of SilverSingles, you’ll need to pay for a subscription. But upgrading is not mandatory – you can take your time exploring the community as a free member.
What you get from SilverSingles free trial
With SilverSingles’ free trial, you’ll have limited access to features and profiles, which includes the following:
- Overview of personality test results
- Daily recommendations
- Send smiles and likes to other users
- Upload pictures to your profile
As you can see, the function is minimal – you can’t even send or reply to messages to your matches. If your goal is about building serious, meaningful connections, it is recommended that you upgrade to its premium memberships or check out an alternative dating app.
How much is SilverSingles
Premium Light costs $17.95 per month, and it gives you 3-7 daily matching suggestions and unlimited communication. But if you want access to more advanced features, you’ll need to subscribe to the longer plans: Premium Classic ($9.95/month) and Premium Comfort ($8.95/month).
Below is the full suite of SilverSingles features:
- Unlimited communication
- Daily recommendations
- Access to all member photos
- Ability to view all profile visitors
- Ability to see when messages have been read
Is SilverSingles worth it
In a market where dating apps gravitate towards younger generations, SilverSingles carves out a niche by creating a community exclusively for the more mature age group.
In terms of pricing, the $17.95 monthly rate for the 3-month package could come across as a bit higher than average; but finding an ideal match within 3 months is a stretch itself – considering that, most would opt for the longer but significantly cheaper plans. Overall, we’d have to say a price tag of less than $10 per month is fairly reasonable.
Whether SilverSingles is worth it really depends on your own preferences and goals. Below we’ve listed the pros and cons, hopefully, you can find the features you want in SilverSingles and make sure the weaknesses are not a deal-breaker for you.
- In-depth personality test
- Quality matches
- Strictly for people 50+
- Easy to use and navigate
- Have you met? Suggestions
- Multiple safety features
- Dedicated customer service team on hand
- Lengthy sign-up process
- Doesn’t base on location
- Limited free membership
- No search on the site
Best SilverSingles alternative: eharmony
Have you tried SilverSingles only to find it doesn’t live up to your expectations? Or do you need some mixing and matching to increase your odds of finding your special someone? Perhaps you could give eharmony a try.
eharmony bills itself as the app to connect singles for long-lasting relationships, and it’s not just hype. Its secret sauce? The scientifically-backed matching system. With a focus on connection and compatibility rather than “chemistry”, it’s not hard to explain why it is responsible for 4% of marriages in the US.
Though not necessarily a senior dating site, its Free package allows you to talk to other members freely and filter your search by age, location, income level, education level, and so on.
How to get a discount for your dating app subscriptions
Once you’ve familiarized yourself with a dating site and decided to make a commitment, you can use a coupon code to get a discount. Honey is a free & legit coupon finder extension that helps you find the best coupons automatically. All it takes is 1 click to add to your browser, and you get the best available discount without even lifting a finger!
Here is how to use Honey to automatically save money on your dating app memberships:
- Add Honey to your browser and sign up.
- Go to SilverSingles Official Site (or eHarmony, Zoosk, etc.), choose your preferred membership, and head to the checkout.
- While in the checkout, Honey will pop up to search for coupons and cashback on eligible items. Once completed, it’ll apply the one that saves you the most.
- If the cashback is available, you can accumulate the points and cash out to PayPal.
That’s the end of this post. Hopefully, it has helped you find out things you need to know about SilverSingles free trial. If you have any questions, ideas or suggestions, you’re more than welcome to leave us a comment below.