Reverse Phone Lookup
Enter a phone number to find the owner
Have you ever found a mysterious phone number pops up on your phone bill and wondered who’s behind it? This scenario may resonate with many, including one concerned mother who noticed a peculiar number appearing frequently on her teenage son’s phone log1.
Whether you’re dealing with a similar situation or simply curious about an unknown Verizon number, we’ve got you covered. Read on this post to find the owner of a Verizon phone number step by step.
Method 1 – Look up listed phone numbers from Verizon White Pages
Verizon has an online directory that allows you to look up listed landline phone numbers for free.
Method 2 – Use a reverse phone search tool
The easiest and fastest option for looking up any phone numbers, including landlines and cell phones, VoIP, listed or unlisted numbers.
1. Look up listed phone numbers from Verizon White Pages
Verizon white pages can be viewed online or delivered in print format. Below is how you can look up a listed phone number online.
1) Visit the verizon.com/whitepages.
2) Under White Pages Search, enter the phone number in question, select a directory (city + state), and click Search.
3) If there are any business or residential listings associated with the phone number, you can click Keyword Matches to view the results.
4) Check the phone number owner’s name and address (if available).
If the phone number owner chooses not to be listed in the phone book, their phone numbers won’t appear in the directory. Mobile or VoIP numbers are also not included in the telephone directories.
However, the process of sifting through the information is not very user-friendly for me. To access the data properly, you’ll need to look up the area code to determine the city first (if you don’t know it). And as a Verizon customer pointed out, the search yielded so many hits and took him hours to read through everything.2
If you don’t find a match or seek a more efficient method to look up phone numbers, try a dedicated reverse phone number search tool. Beyond just phone directories, it crawls various public record sources and billions of phone data points to identify a mysterious caller. Moreover, it’s much easier to use.
2. Use a reverse phone search tool
A reverse phone search tool works with all types of numbers, including cell phones and landlines, and with unpublished or unlisted numbers, and can track down a wealth of information such as the caller’s name, address, email address, social media profiles, etc.
Option 1 – Intelius
Intelius is a reliable people lookup website to search for a name, phone number or address. By offering millions of records from public record sources, it can assist you in finding the owner’s name, age, address, possible relative and uncover confidential background details.
1) Navigate to the Intelius official website.
2) Type in any phone number and click SEARCH.
3) Wait for Intelius to scan for your search subject, which will take around 2 minutes. Once done, open the report after paying a membership plan and you should find all the necessary information needed.
Option 2 – BeenVerified
BeenVerified has been my favorite phone number tracker for well-rounded data and a user-friendly interface. You just type in a US-based phone number, wireless or landline, and it can trace the right owner within seconds and cull a wealth of information from its extensive database.
Simply search below:
Or follow the steps to search on the BeenVerified website:
1) Go to the official website.
2) Select Phone Lookup. Type in a Verizon number and click SEARCH.
3) Wait until the complete phone report loads up. It should contain all the essential information about the phone number owner: name, age, email, location, social media accounts and more.
Option 3 – Spokeo
Spokeo is also a popular people search website that helps you identify an unknown caller and learn about the person you’re dealing with. It collects millions of phone directories & white page records from secure sources and guarantees to offer precise results. What’s more, it lets you know if the numbers have been previously reported for scams.
1) Visit the Spokeo phone lookup page. Enter a phone number and hit SEARCH NOW.
2) It may take a while to scan for the correct person associated with the Verizon phone number. Once done, you can unlock the owner’s name and pertinent background details like the person’s location, email address, workplace, etc.
Option 4 – PeopleFinders
Starting in 1999, PeopleFinders boasts decades of experience in not only reverse phone lookup but also various types of people search: by name, email or address. The site is easy to use and doesn’t require any technique to access in-depth personal reports.
1) Visit the PeopleFinders website. Select Phone, enter the phone number you’re curious about and then click Search.
2) Within seconds, you’ll get up-to-date information about the Verizon phone account’s owner. You can also dig into the person’s cyber footprints and get to know his/her photos or social media profiles.
The search process is easy and quick using a dedicated phone number lookup tool. You can also search for the number on Google. If it belongs to a company or specialist, you’ll easily discover related business profile pages.
A user from the Verizon community, bothered by incessant harassing texts or calls from a Verizon number, decided to figure out who’s the person behind3. However, tracing a phone number designed for malicious purposes may be more challenging, as they intend to leave minimal trails. It’s best that you just follow Verizon’s instructions to stop those irritating calls.
- [doesvzcare]. (2015, January 30). Can I find out who a phone number belongs too? [Online forum post]. Verizon Community. https://community.verizon.com/t5/Apple-Archive/Can-I-find-out-who-a-phone-number-belongs-too/td-p/792094 ↩︎
- [jumpsforjoy1]. (2011, December 1). Where is the area to look up a phone number? [Online forum post]. Verizon Community. https://community.verizon.com/t5/Fios-Digital-Voice-and-POTS/Where-is-the-area-to-look-up-a-phone-number/td-p/1550658 ↩︎
- [shelleym10]. (2012, September 27). Find and owner of a verizon number?[Online forum post]. Verizon Community. https://community.verizon.com/t5/Other-Network-Discussions/Find-and-owner-of-a-verizon-number/td-p/444709 ↩︎
All product names, logos, brands, trademarks and registered trademarks are property of their respective owners.