[Solved] iTunes could not connect to this iPhone. The value is missing
When you get error message “iTunes could not connect to this iPhone. The value is missing.” on your PC or Mac, don’t worry. The chances are your iPhone is disabled. You can solve the problem easily by using one of the methods below.
Method 1: Uninstall then reinstall iTunes
Reinstalling iTunes would be the first recommended option for you to fix the iTunes not connecting to iPhone issue. Before reinstalling iTunes, uninstall it and remove the related files and settings first.
Firstly, uninstall iTunes
If you’re using Windows, go to How to uninstall iTunes in Windows for the steps.
If you’re using OS X, go to How to uninstall iTunes in OS X for the steps.
In Windows, uninstalling third-party apps like iTunes is easy even for computer novices. You just need to go to Programs and Features and uninstall the software there.
If you’re not sure how to do that, following instructions may help:
The screenshots shown below were taken from Windows 10, but the steps also apply to Windows 7.
1) On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and R key at the same time to invoke the run box.
2) Type control panel and press the Enter key on your keyboard.
3) View by Large icons and click Programs and Features.
4) Select iTunes and Click Uninstall.
5) Click Yes when you’re asked if you want to uninstall iTunes.
iTunes is installed in OS X by default . If you tried to uninstall it in the way of uninstalling other third-party software, you might find it impossible, and got prompt messaging saying “iTunes can’t be modified or deleted because it’s required by OS X”. However, you still can uninstall it if you want. Just follow steps below:
1) Click the Finder icon in the dock and click Applications.
2) Right click iTunes and select Get Info on the context menu.
3) Expand Sharing & Permissions and click the Lock icon.
4) Enter your Admin Password the press OK.
5) Click the Privilege next to everyone (You may see this displayed as Custom. Then select Read & Write on the pop-up menu.).
6) Drag the iTunes icon in Applications to Trash, then iTunes will be uninstalled successfully.
Secondly, reinstall iTunes
After uninstalling iTunes, you can go to Apple’s website to download the latest iTunes. Then double-click the downloaded installer and follow the on-screen instructions to install iTunes.
After reinstalling iTunes, plug your iPhone to your PC or Mac again and check to see if the problem resolves.
If Method 1 doesn’t work for you, go to Method 2.
The reason causing “iTunes could not connect to this iPhone. The value is missing.” error is unknown. For such complicated errors, restoring your iPhone in Recovery Mode is an effective fix.
WARNING: Restoring your iPhone may cause the loss of all data and settings. So ensure you have backed up the data to iCloud or iTunes. If not, it’s recommended you to backup the data now. You can use AnyTrans to transfer all data in your iPhone to your PC or Mac easily. Just a few mouse clicks are required.
Follow these steps to restore your iPhone to fix this error:
1) Download and update iTunes to the latest version from Apple’s website.
2) Enter the Recovery Mode
The way to enter the Recovery Mode varies depending on the iPhone model you’re using.
For iPhone X, iPhone 8 or iPhone 8 Plus:
2a) Press and quickly release the Volume Up button.
2b) Press and quickly release the Volume Down button.
2c) Press and hold the Side button until you see the Recovery Mode screen (see the screenshot below).
For Phone 7 or iPhone 7 Plus: Press and hold both the Side and Volume Down buttons until you see the recovery-mode screen.
For an iPhone 6s and earlier iPhone models: Press and hold both the Home and the Top (or Side) buttons until you see the recovery-mode screen (see the screenshot below).
3) Click Restore when you’re asked to Restore or Update your iPhone. Then iPhone will download software for your device. Poor internet connections may cause download failure. If the download takes more than 15 minutes, your iPhone will exit recovery mode. In this case, you’ll need to repeat steps 2 and 3.
- After restore completes, check to see if the error resolves.
Tip: If you tried dozen times of Restore, but it didn’t work. Tried clicking the Cancel then Restore. This may work like a charm for you.
Hopefully the methods above help you resolve the “iTunes could not connect to this iPhone. The value is missing.” error. If you have any questions, please feel free to leave your comment.