Ever received unwanted phone calls or texts from an unknown number that is registered to Inteliquent? As a free VoIP number provider, its services may sometimes be exploited by wrongdoers to harass and scam people, according to feedback from some users online1. But how to identify the caller behind the phone number and stop them? In this post, we’ll share with you how to do an Inteliquent phone number lookup.
What is an Inteliquent phone number and how to trace it?
An Inteliquent number is a VoIP number, which allows users to make and receive calls using an Internet connection. As its area code can change to one’s preference, searching for a VoIP number may be challenging. But with proper tools, you can gather useful information about a VoIP number including one offered by Inteliquent.
For example, they might have created social media accounts using the number. Or the number might be marked as a scam on online forums. Either way, tracing these online digital footprints may help you learn more about the caller. You can also report abuse to the service provider in case of harassment.
1. Do a reverse phone number search
As you run an Inteliquent number lookup, a dedicated phone number search tool may be able to give you more promising results. They typically have access to a large amount of public records, allowing you to explore more about the caller behind the number.
BeenVerified is a powerful people search engine that offers a phone number lookup feature. With access to a large reservoir of public data sources, it can help you find all the available information about the phone number. From its reports, you may get to know the owner’s name, addresses, social media pages, and more (if available).
- Go to BeenVerified.
- Enter the number and click SEARCH.
- Wait as BeenVerified searches its data sources. Once finished, it will generate a report.
- On the report page, you can see a navigation bar on the left to help you easily access the information that you’re interested in. For example, the Potential Owners section.
- Note that BeenVerified is a subscription-based service and you’ll need to purchase a membership plan to view the full report.
What do we like about BeenVerified?
BeenVerified is an all-around search service. With one subscription, you can access its other search services like username, email address, and address lookups.
Intelius is one of the best when it comes to VoIP phone number lookups. It probably won’t be too difficult of a task for Intelius to link the number to the possible owner since it has access to multiple public information sources. Enter an Inteliquent phone number, and it may find you the potential owner, the owner’s addresses, social media accounts, and more.
- Go to Intelius.
- Enter the phone number and click SEARCH.
- Wait until it’s done and click the VIEW RESULTS button. Enter your email address to view the basic information about the number.
- To view the full report, you’ll need to purchase a subscription, which may include the owner’s contact info, address, social accounts, and more.
The above image is from a sample Intelius report. Actual reports may contain more or less information.
2. Find clues from Google
As you might have known, Google is a simple way to find useful information linked to a phone number. Simply type the phone number into the search box and click Search, then it will give you anything it can find from the Internet, be it the carrier, origin, or the possible owner.
Browse through the results from Google and see if there’s any information that can help you identify the caller. But if the number is newly activated, you might not find much from the search results. Also, Google may not have access to social media data. To search on social media platforms, move on to the next option.
3. Find linked social media by syncing contacts
Social media accounts linked to the phone number are another source of information to identify the caller – only if you can find them. But as you might’ve noticed, phone number searches often don’t work so well on social apps.
Here is a pro tip shared by some social media gurus online: by syncing your contacts, you can find possible social accounts linked to the Inteliquent phone number2. For example, we take Instagram as an example to show you how to find possible account linked to the Inteliquent number.
- Save the number to the contact list of your phone.
- Open Instagram and click the hamburger icon in the top right corner.
- Go to Settings – Account – Contacts syncing, and set the button to ON.
- You should find the account linked to the Inteliquent number on your page.
Note that you need to manually open each social media app and sync contacts one by one and check for the accounts linked to the number. If you’d prefer a one-stop and cross-platform search, we recommend you use a reverse phone number search tool like Intelius.
4. Report scam/spam calls to the carrier
This method is typically for unwanted calls in case of a scam, spam, and even harassment. As we mentioned above, you can use online tools like freecarrierlookup.com to identify which phone company is the number registered to. If that’s under Inteliquent, and you are receiving annoying calls from it, you can contact Inteliquent and report it.
- Note down the calling number, the number called, and the date and time of the call.
- Go to the Inteliquent report page. Note that Inteliquent was acquired by Sinch in 20213, so you’ll be using the report portal powered by Sinch.
- Fill in the forms to report the unwanted call. Inteliquent will help identify the caller and stop the call.
1. How to reduce unwanted calls?
If you’d like to lower the number of telemarketing calls you receive, you may add your residential and cell phone numbers to the National Do Not Call Registry, which helps you to opt out of the calling lists from businesses.
However, some people shared that they still got such calls after registering, especially from exempted businesses4. So if you’d prefer an extra measure, you may consider using call-blocking apps.
2. Can you do a free Inteliquent number lookup?
Yes, there are free Inteliquent number lookup services available that may provide basic information about a phone number. For example, freecarrierlookup.com, freecallerlookup.com, whitepages.com, and numlookup.com. Also, some paid reverse phone number lookup services like Intelius and Spokeo may offer you some free basic information before your membership purchase.
That’s pretty much everything on how to do an Inteliquent phone number lookup. If you’ve been involved in scams and suffered from financial loss, you should also report it to the FTC. We hope you find the post helpful and stay safe!
All product names, logos, brands, trademarks and registered trademarks are property of their respective owners.
- r/RBI [afreshstart350]. (2023, October 18). Is this a scammer, or someone I know screwing with me? [Online forum post]. Reddit. https://www.reddit.com/r/RBI/comments/17aqhhh/is_this_a_scammer_or_someone_i_know_screwing_with/ ↩︎
- r/OSINT [deleted user]. (2023, April 15). Add the phone number to ur contacts and sync contacts on different social media sites to see if you get [Comment on the online forum post find someone social media with phone number]. Reddit. https://www.reddit.com/r/OSINT/comments/12mtsja/find_someone_social_media_with_phone_number/ ↩︎
- Sinch. (2021, December 9). Sinch completes the acquisition of Inteliquent. Sinch Invesitor Relations. https://investors.sinch.com/news-releases/news-release-details/sinch-completes-acquisition-inteliquent ↩︎
- Personal Finance [FredCouples]. (2016, March 26). Unwanted cold call from Mass Mutual agent. Bogleheads. https://www.bogleheads.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=187654 ↩︎