DIRECTV STREAM 14-Day Free Trial
Get 3 months of free HBO Max™, SHOWTIME®, STARZ®, EPIX®, and Cinemax®.
Trying to get your sports fix only to find yourself blacked out just based on where you live? You’re not alone. But don’t worry. In this article, we’ll show you two ways to access location-based blackout content. Read on…
Method 1: Use a VPN
A VPN (Virtual Private Network) is an effective method to work around the blackout restriction. It works by temporarily assigning your device an IP address that’s outside of the blackout area and making it appear as if you were streaming from a different location. After a lot of testing and researching, we’ve found NordVPN to be the best of the bunch.
In a market that bristles with VPN providers, NordVPN definitely leads the pack. It has wide server coverage, lightning-fast connection speeds, and the ability to bypass the detection of major streaming services. Combining them together means you can connect to servers in virtually any corner around the world, and stream any games you like in HD without little interruption.
- Download NordVPN and install NordVPN on your device.
- Run NordVPN app on your device and select a server where your sports event streams normally.
- Open your streaming app, then sit back and enjoy the live games/replays that would otherwise be blacked out in your region.
NordVPN – Watch Games Without Blackouts
Best VPN for streaming – fast connection speeds, huge server network, and the power to stay anonymous.
Method 2: Streamlocator
StreamLocator is another hassle-free option to help you watch region-blocked live sports. With a pre-configured smart DNS, StreamLocator allows you to just plug it in, then you’ll be able to stream without borders – NBC Sports Gold, ESPN+, Philo, TSN, NBA League Pass, among dozens of other channels and streaming services from various countries.
Here’s how to use StreamLocator to bypass blacked-out programs & channels:
- Head to StreamLocator Official Website and order a StreamLocator hub. It comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee, and the delivery usually takes a couple of days.
- Unpack the StreamLocator box, then plug it into the router you currently use.
- StreamLocator will instantly repurpose your home network into a global streaming network. Connect your device to the StreamLocator network, then you can start your streaming already.
That’s it – 2 easy ways to help you avoid geo-based blackout restrictions. Hopefully, it worked. If you have any questions, ideas, or suggestions, you’re more than welcome to leave us a comment below.