Want to take a screenshot on your iPhone? This post will show you how to screenshot on iPhone. Check this easy guide!
How to screenshot on iPhone X or later
If you’re using iPhone X or later, you’ll know that there won’t be a Home button, so you need to use the Side button and the Volume up button. Here’s how to do it:
- Open the screen that you want to take a screenshot.
- Press and hold the Side button on the right side of your device.
- Immediately press the Volume up button on the left side, then release the two buttons.
- Then you’ll see a thumbnail of your screenshot appearing in the bottom left corner. Tap the thumbnail to have a look at it.
How to screenshot on iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus or earlier
If you’re using iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, or earlier, or iPad, you’ll be using the Home button and then Top/Side button. To do so, follow these steps:
- Open the screen that you want to take a screenshot for.
- Press and hold the Top or Side button.
- Immediately press the Home button, then release both the Home button and the Top/Side button.
- You should’ve taken a screenshot successfully. You can go the Photos app and have a check.
Bonus Tip: how to edit your screenshots
After taking the screenshot, you can open the Photos app, and check the latest photos to open it. Or you can tap Albums, then find the Screenshots category and open all your screenshots.
If you want to edit the screenshots, you can try these steps:
- Open the screenshot that you want to edit.
- Tap this Edit button to edit your screenshot. You can crop it, adjust the brightness, and add a filter for it.
- You can view the details by taping Details.
- You can also tap the Share button to share, or the heart-shaped icon to add the photo to your favorite.
That’s it – the easy guide to screenshot on your iPhone. Hope this post helps.