How to Restore iPhone to Factory Settings Easily [with Pictures]
There are reasons why you’re looking to wipe data off your phone. Whether it’s to fix nagging phone issues, pass it on to someone else, or keep personal information from falling into wrong hands. Wondering how to do it neat and easy? Look no further, this is your guide!
You might not have to try all the methods below; just browse through the list and take your pick:
- Factory reset your iPhone via Settings
- Factory reset iPhone via iTunes
- Factory reset your iPhone via iCloud (remotely)
Before we get down to our phone resetting, always make sure to back up our phone data. To do so:
1) Open Settings.
2) Tap your Apple ID > iCloud.
4) Scroll down and tap iCloud Backup > Back Up Now.
5) The back-up might take a while, please be patient. 🙂
With just a few taps, this method is the most direct and the easiest to get our phone restored. And lucky for you folks out there who have forgotten your Apple ID & password, you won’t be asked to enter one here if you have previously backed up your phone!
1) Open Settings.
2) Tap General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings.
3) A confirmation message will pop up. Tap Erase iPhone and enter your passcode, Apple ID and password if asked.
6) The data reset might take a while before it reboots.
You can also restore your iPhone to factory settings via iTunes. And another good news for you guys who have forgotten your Apple ID, you won’t be asked to enter your Apple ID & password if you ever synced and ‘trusted’ your computer!
1) Back up your phone.
2) Connect your iPhone to the computer you have synced with and launch iTunes.
3) Click Restore iPhone.
- If you’re asked to confirm the restore, click Restore. Skip the rest of the steps. Then wait for a while until your phone sets up as new.
- If you’re asked to turn off Find My iPhone, click OK and proceed with the following steps.
5) Tap the Settings icon , then tap your Apple ID > iCloud.
6) Locate and tap Find My iPhone, toggle Find My iPhone off.
7) Wait for a while until your phone sets up as new.
This method works with or without your iPhone at hand. To do so:
1) On your computer, go to iCloud Find, enter your Apple ID and password to log-in iCloud.
2) Once signed in, click the button.
3) Scroll down to the bottom, click Find My iPhone > Erase.
4) All of the data on your iPhone will be erased.
That’s it – 3 quick and easy methods to restore your iPhone to factory settings. Hope this helps and feel free to comment below if you have any further questions. 🙂