Many of you may want to recover iPhone messages that you just accidently deleted, but the question is, can I recover deleted text messages on iPhone? Don’t worry! There’re definitely fixes to the issue. You’ll learn how to recover deleted iPhone messages by the three easy ways introduced in this article. Check it out.
How can I recover deleted text messages in iPhone?
You can try the methods below to retrieve the text messages you deleted. Try each one in turn until you get back your deleted messages.
- Recover deleted iPhone text messages via iCloud
- Recover deleted iPhone text message from iTunes
- Recover deleted iPhone text messages by third-party tool
Sometimes it’s surprisingly easy to delete text messages on iPhone by mistake. And that’s why it’s so important to have iCloud Backup, which helps you to back up and save the information in your iOS devices to cloud. So you can restore your iCloud Backup to recover the messages.
Things to check before restoring
Before restoring with your iCloud Backup, you may want to make sure that you’ve enabled iCloud Backup and have a backup first. To do so:
1) On your iPhone, go to Settings > Apple ID > iCloud.
2) Scroll down and tap iCloud Backup. As long as there’s a backup date listed, you can start restoring an iCloud Backup.
Or you can try this way on web to check whether you have a backup:
1) Log into iCloud with your Apple ID and password.
2) Click Text Messages. If there’s no messages there, you didn’t backup those deleted messages. So you can need to try the other methods.
3) Look at the text message to see if there are the ones you want to recover. If yes, you can start restoring iCloud Backup.
Restore iCloud Backup to recover
If you know for sure that those deleted messages have the iCloud Backup, you can now start to recover.
Note: Before processing, you should make sure to backup and save the important data on your iPhone currently. As restore the iCloud Backup will restore your iPhone to the version before, so the data added after the Backup date will disappear.
1) On your iPhone, go to Settings > General > Reset.
2) Tap Erase all Content and Settings, and type your iPhone’s passcode to continue (Skip this if you don’t have a passcode).
3) Tap Erase iPhone twice.
4) Wait for a while for your iPhone to processing. Once finish, you’ll be able to select an iCloud Backup.
5) Press your iPhone home button and complete the initial setup.
6) Tap Restore from iCloud Backup when prompted.
7) Enter your Apple ID and password to sign into iCloud.
8) Tap Choose Backup, and select a backup date in which you backup the deleted text messages.
9) Wait for the restore to process. After completing, your deleted text messages should appear on your iPhone.
As mentioned, your messages just disappear from your iPhone, but they’re still there after deleted. So chances are your iTunes may backup the messages and you can recover the deleted text messages on your iPhone from iTunes. To do so, follow the steps below:
1) Open iTunes on your PC/Mac. If you haven’t installed it in your computer, install iTunes first.
2) Connect your iPhone and your PC/Mac with a USB cable. Select trust your computer on your iPhone if you are asked to do so.
3) Click the iPhone icon in the iTunes window.
4) Click Restore Backup in the Backups section.
If you would like to backup your iPhone now so you can restore to the current version, you should click Back Up Now, then you can continue to restore your backup.
5) Choose a backup date in which you deleted your text messages.
6) Click Restore.
7) Wait for it to complete.
Now you should recover your deleted text messages from your iPhone.
If you haven’t backup your iPhone yet, you should use the recovery tool to help retrieve your deleted text messages. For instance, dr.fone recover software is a super helpful tool for you to backup all your important data and recover your deleted messages in your iPhone.
Dr.fone recovery is a powerful tool, particularly for iOS devices. You can back up all the important information, retrieve the deleted messages, files, photos and videos, etc. with just a few clicks! What’s more, it’s totally safe and easy to use!
1) Download dr.fone recovery software on your Windows or Mac.
2) Connect your iPhone to your computer. Select trust your computer on your iPhone if you are prompted on your iPhone.
3) Run dr.fone recovery, and click Recovery.
4) Click Recover from iOS device.
5) Select Messages & Attachments, then click Start Scan.
6) After scanning, choose Messages to check all the detected messages.
7) Select the deleted messages that you would like to recover, and follow the wizard to save the messages.
INFORMATION: You can also recover the deleted contacts, call history, apps, videos, and more from your iPhone with dr.fone recover.
There you have it – three easy ways to recover the deleted text messages in your iPhone. Now you don’t need worry about accidentally deleting the important data in your iPhone.
Feel free to leave us a comment below if you have any questions or thoughts. We’re open to your voices!