[Solved] Retrieve Deleted Messages on Android [Without Computer]
Text messages can be deleted simply by a tap. As we know, rooting your Android mobile phone, factory resetting or system crashing can cause your data lost, including the text messages. But don’t panic! Chances are you can recover deleted text messages on Android. Read on and see how.
How to retrieve deleted text messages on Android
- Can I recover deleted text messages from Android
- Recover deleted text messages without a computer
- Recover deleted text messages with a computer
Unlike iOS devices have the iCloud to backup the data, usually Android devices don’t have the backup, unless you use the third-party services to backup your data, such as Google Drive. There isn’t something like recycle bin or trash in your Android device, where you can save all the deleted data or restore. That’s why you can’t see the deleted text messages anywhere in your Android device.
However, there is one thing you should know. When you delete something in your Android device, it doesn’t remove the deleted data from your memory space. Instead the deleted data is removed to a place that is marked as “Overwritten“, which means that your deleted text messages don’t disappear from your Android device, and they stay in somewhere you don’t see.
In addition, the deleted text messages don’t stay forever in your Android device, as they are marked as “available to be overwritten“. So if your Android device is updated after deleting, such as installing applications, downloading files or upgrading system, your deleted messages may be overwritten and there are tiny chances to recover them.
Therefore, if you just accidentally deleted text messages from your Android device, don’t update your device (installing applications, downloading files or upgrading system, etc.). Meanwhile, turn on Airplane Mode in your Android device, especially if you don’t have a backup for the deleted messages. By doing so, you can still recover the deleted text messages from the third-party data recovery software when you don’t have a backup.
If you have a backup before deleting your text messages, you can directly restore your text messages from the backup. This method allows you to restore your text messages without a computer.
Just open the software or service where you back up your text messages, then find the backup that you want to restore, then restore it. There are various backup software and the steps are different, so we won’t cover it here.
If, unfortunately, you didn’t back up your Android and the text messages are deleted, don’t worry. There are still workarounds to recover the text messages that are deleted.
There are various data recovery applications that specialize in retrieving lost data in mobile devices, PhoneRescue is one of them. PhoneRescue is a powerful data recovery tool that enables you to get back your lost photos, contacts, text messages, videos and so on. More importantly, it’s easy and safe to use.
Here’s what you need to do:
1) Open the PhoneRescue download page, then choose the Operating System (Windows or Mac) in your computer, then click Free Download.
2) Open PhoneRescue in your computer, and connect your Android device with your computer. PhoneRescue will try to detect and connect.
3) Once connected, check the box next to Messages, then click Next.
4) Select the messages that you want to restore. You can choose to restore Messages and Message Attachments.
5) Then click Download to Computer or Download to Device depending to your needs.
6) Then it will download the selected messages into your computer or Android device. You can also recover the deleted contacts, music, videos, WhatsApp and more.
This is easy and simple! Hope this post helps recover your deleted text messages on Android. If you have any questions, feel free to leave a comment below.