It’s really frustrating to find that the precious photos on your computer have disappeared. But don’t worry! There still are strong possibilities that you can recover those photos from your hard drive, even without backup! After reading this post, you should be able to recover the deleted or lost photos from your hard drive on your own quickly and easily!
Methods for photo recovery from your hard drive
- Recover deleted photos from Recycle Bin
- Recover permanently deleted or lost photos with a professional data recovery software
Method 1: Recover deleted photos from Recycle Bin
Recycle Bin is the place where the Windows OS stores the deleted files. If your Recycle Bin is not empty, you should check your Recycle Bin first. Here is how to do it:
1. Double-click the icon of Recycle Bin on your desktop to open it.
2. If your photos are in there, you just need to select the photos you want to recover. Then right-click on them and select Restore. Instantly, the selected photos will reappear in their original folders.
If your Recycle Bin is empty or if you fail to find your photos in the Recycle Bin, don’t worry. Please try method 2 to recover your photos.
Method 2: Recover permanently deleted or lost photos with a professional data recovery software
IMPORTANT: If you fail to find your photos in the Recycle Bin, please avoid using the hard drive on which you used to store your photos. For example, you should avoid copying and pasting files to this hard drive, and you’d better stop installing new software on this drive to ensure the best data recovery experience.
With professional data recovery software, in most cases, you still can recover the permanently deleted or lost photos from your hard drive. If you don’t know which data recovery software you can trust, you can try Stellar Phoenix Data Recovery Professional for Windows.
Stellar Phoenix Data Recovery Professional is a user-friendly and powerful data recovery tool. With this effortless recovery software, you can recover virtually any type of files from corrupt hard drives, lost partitions and optical media from any Windows device and compatible storage media.
To recover photos with Stellar Phoenix Data Recovery Professional for Windows:
1. Download and install Stellar Phoenix Data Recovery Professional for Windows on another computer.
2. Connect the hard drive where you used to store your photos to the computer that runs the data recovery tool.
3. Run Stellar Phoenix Data Recovery Professional for Windows.
4. Check the box next to Photos, then click Next. Stellar Phoenix will list all connected storage devices including your internal and external hard drive, SD card, USB flash drive, etc.
5. Check the box next to the external hard drive where your photos were stored. Then click Scan to start scanning.
6. Click Close when the scanning process completes.
7. On the left panel, expand all the folders until you see your photos files on the right. On the right, select any photo file to preview that photo. Then check the box next to the photo files to select the photos you want to recover. Then click the Recover button to recover your photos.
That’s it! With just several clicks, you’ve successfully recover your permanently deleted and lost photos from your hard drive.
If you have any questions while using Stellar Phoenix Data Recovery Professional, please contact Stellar support team for assistance.