How to Find Someone’s TikTok through Instagram (2023)
Social Media Search
Enter an Instagram username into the box.
It’ll help you search for their contact info and other social media profiles.
As of today, TikTok is one of the top social media apps that allows users to log in with Instagram. However, it isn’t currently available to directly find Instagram friends on the TikTok app. Obviously, the most straightforward way to find someone’s TikTok account is by searching on the app with their username. But if you don’t know their TikTok username, you’ll need some tricks. This guide will show you several methods to look up someone on TikTok.
1. Search by the person’s real name or Instagram username
2. Sync your contacts and Facebook friends
(You’ll also know how you can find the person’s phone number and even pictures easily and efficiently. )
3. Run a reverse image search with Social Catfish
Method 1: Search by the person’s real name or Instagram username
People often use the same username across multiple platforms. When you’ve got the person’s Instagram username, you’re possibly holding the key to a lot of useful data.
To begin with, you’ll need to find out the person’s Instagram username. All you need to do is locate their account and go to their profile page. On the top of the screen, you’ll see the user’s Instagram username.
Copy the username. Then follow the steps below to search on TikTok or Google.
On the TikTok app
Searching on Tiktok doesn’t require you to set up an account. Therefore, you just need to install the app.
- Open your TikTok app.
- Tap on Discover, a magnifying glass. This will open a screen with a search bar at the top. Then paste the username into the search bar.
- Tap Search.
- Select the filter Users. Then a list of TikTok users that match your search will populate the screen. Select the username that matches the person you’re trying to find.
You can also conduct a search using the person’s real name.
If you don’t have the TikTok app, you can search on Google.
- Open your browser.
- On the search bar, enter the person’s real name or Instagram username along with the phrase site:tiktok.com. Then hit Enter.
Go through the search results and look for your match.
Method 2: Sync your contacts and Facebook friends
Although TikTok doesn’t display your Instagram friends’ TikTok accounts on the Discovery section, it does offer an option to sync your contacts and Facebook friends. That means you’re able to connect with the account that belongs to someone whose phone number is in your phone contacts or someone you’re friends with on Facebook.
The only information you know about the person is their real name or Instagram username? Don’t fret! You can use BeenVerified to help you search their phone number, email address, other social media profiles, and even photos! You can type their name into BeenVerified’s people search toolbar below. Or you can search using the person’s Instagram username.
(Your searches are performed confidentially. So your subject won’t be notified. )
After you know the person’s phone number, save it to your contacts. Then follow the steps below to sync your contacts on the TikTok app.
- Open the TikTok app and go to your profile.
- On the top right corner of the screen, tap on the three horizontal lines to open Settings.
- Tap Privacy.
- Tap Sync contacts and Facebook friends.
- Now tap on the toggle icon next to the setting Sync contacts to turn it on.
(If you have the person’s Facebook account, make sure you also turn on the option Sync Facebook friends list. )
Save your changes.
- Now go back to your profile page and tap on the plus profile icon on the top left corner of the screen.
- Tap Find next to Contacts. You can also tap Find next to Facebook friends.
If the person has a TikTok account, it should be seen in the suggested account section.
Method 3: Run a reverse image search with Social Catfish
Usually, Instagram users share posts with photos or videos on Instagram. In this situation, you can run a reverse image search with Social Catfish to identify who’s behind along with contact information such as phone numbers, addresses, and other social media profiles including TikTok.
To run a reverse image search on Social Catfish, follow these steps:
- Go to the Social Catfish Reverse Image Search page.
- Make sure your images are ready to search. (Cropped out unneeded visuals from the photograph. )
- Upload the image and click Search.
- Wait for Social Catfish to scan the entire web.
- When your search results appear, click on the person you’re searching for and scroll down to the section that displays their TikTok account.
So these are the three major methods to search for someone’s TikTok account. To conclude, using BeenVerified to run a search by name or do a reverse Instagram username search, or run a reverse image search using Social Catfish can save you the hassle. This may prevent you from hitting a dead end.