Whether you’re trying to find common ground with a new neighbor, or wanting to know if a person is your potential date, getting their Instagram/Tinder should be a pretty good start. If you’re too shy to ask, there’s always another way.
In this modern world where everyone is so connected, it’s difficult for one to not leave any trace on the Internet. With the proper methods and tools, we can easily find out all social media profiles of a person. Even when we only got a phone number.
6 ways to find social media by phone number
We’re a social species, and even the most introverts long for human connection. You just need to spend a little time and effort to know others better.
And social media is one of the perfect portals. There’re several ways you can search someone on social media with just a number. But in fact, what you can find may be more than that.
1. Search 50+ online platforms with Intelius
To find someone’s social media profiles, you can try searching the phone number on people search tools. And when it comes to social media search, you’ll want to make Intelius your first stop.
Intelius is a powerful phone reverse tool, and it’s super easy to use. By scouring data from 50+ social networks, this tool allows you to lookup any phone numbers and find all the associated profiles. Apart from social media accounts, the report could also reveal the owner’s secret photos and hidden dating profiles.
Step 1: Go to the search page of Intelius.
Step 2: Enter the phone number and click Search.
Step 3: Sit tight while Intelius flips through billions of records. This may take a while, if there’s a lot of information linked to the phone number. Once it locates a match, it’ll generate a report containing all the available photos and social media profiles of the owner.
2. Reverse lookup the phone number on BeenVerified
As a long-standing brand in the field of people search, BeenVerified collects data from 55+ social networks before cross-referencing them with millions of public records. By searching with a phone number, you may uncover a person’s online identities, secret photos and even dating profiles.
Step 1: Go to the search page of BeenVerified.
Step 2: Enter the phone number and click Search.
Step 3: Wait for BeenVerified to search the databases. Once it locates a match, it’ll generate a report revealing the owner’s name and all the available photos and social media profiles linked to this phone number.
3. Find dating profiles with Social Catfish (Globally)
Social Catfish brands itself as a dating investigation service, which makes it a powerful tool for social media search. With data collected from 120+ social networks, it can easily help you figure out if someone is actively on online platforms (including dating sites such as Tinder and Match).
- Go to the Social Catfish search page.
- Enter the phone number and click Search.
- Wait for Social Catfish to search millions of records. Once it found the owner, in the report you’ll see all the social media profiles including those on dating sites.
4. Track digital footprints with Spokeo
It may sound unbelievable, but a number can tell a long story. And Spokeo might just be the storyteller you’re looking for. With a huge database of billions of records, you can easily get a ton of information associated with a phone number: names, addresses, criminal records and social media history. And it’ll take just a few minutes:
- Go to the Spokeo search page.
- Enter the phone number and hit Search Now.
- You’ll get a report that contains information associated with the phone number. It may include the full name, age, address, family info and 120+ social media profiles.
5. Add the number to contact and sync it
This is a common trick on people searching, and sometimes it could be pretty effective. Most of the social media companies want you to be more engaged by connecting you with someone you know. They do this by analyzing the contact you upload. But you can also take advantage of this and get what you want.
Most of the social network apps have a built-in contact-finding tool. For example, you can easily find the number owner on Instagram:
- First save the phone number to your phone’s contacts.
- Open Instagram and go to your profile page. Tap the Settings icon in the upper right-hand corner.
- Select Discover people. Instagram might need you to grant access to Contacts. Tap Allow Access and you can see your contact list.
6. Search the number on social media
On some platforms like Facebook, users can search a phone number and get the associated account. You can just open Facebook and type the number in the search box. Chances are you might score a match without lifting a finger.
This feature is turned on by default. But there’s no guarantee this will always work, especially when someone is wary enough to have disabled this feature, or that person is not even on this platform. Again, if you want an accurate match, it’s better to put some faith in people search engines like Spokeo and Social Catfish.
Disclaimer: We only recommend products we believe in. Products that work. But, just so you know, we may earn commission in doing so.