If you’ve used Whatsapp, you’d know that the only viable way to contact someone on the app is to add their phone number to your phone’s contact list and initiate the conversation. What if you want to talk to someone on Whastapp but don’t know their phone number?
A clear-cut way out of this conundrum would be to run a reverse lookup to acquire the person’s phone number. And with the right tools at hand, finding someone on Whatsapp without number is not so hard at all…
How to find someone on Whatsapp without phone number
Run a reverse lookup to get someone’s phone number
Just as people used a phone directory book to look up someone’s phone number back in the day, a modern reverse lookup tool allows you to search someone’s name, email address, home address, social media name, or even business name to uncover all other publicly available information pertaining to that person. And this includes their phone number. So before diving in, you need to make sure that you know at least one piece of the information about a person to track down their number.
BeenVerified – Quick, no-hassle search
BeenVerified is our favorite people search engine and it’s got lots of reasons.
As an all-in-one people search engine, it allows you to search by name, email address, phone number, physical address, social media username, license plate and even business name. Then it unlocks a wealth of information which includes(when available):
- Personal contact information including phone number(s)
- Social media profiles
- Family background
- Court records, wealth data
- Properties owned
- Marriage records
- Court records
- and more
BeenVerified has been known for updating its database on the regular, so you can expect to get quick, accurate and comprehensive information about the person.
Here is how to use BeenVerified to look up a person’s number.
- Go to BeenVerified People Search engine.
- Enter the name, email address, or home address of the person whose phone number you’d like to look up and hit SEARCH.
Note: On the off chance that first name is the only information you know about the person, you can try Spokeo, which allows you to plug in just the first name, then narrow down the results one by one.
- Wait a bit as BeenVerified searches billions of records from its database and delivers you an easy-to-read report about the person you search. Typically, it includes the phone number, which you can add to your phone’s contact list.
Spokeo – Free basic information
Founded by four Standard graduates, Spokeo started out by aggregating public and social media sources of data. Over the years, the engine has evolved into a very sophisticated one, collating data also from governments. Just by a single search on name/email/phone/address, you’ll have immediate access to the owner’s personal information.
Only know a person’s first name? Don’t worry. As part of the features that set Spokeo from its counterparts, you can search just by first name. Then you can scroll through a list of profiles using the name until you trace the person you look for.
Here is how to use Spokeo to find someone’s phone number.
- Go to Spokeo People Search engine.
- Type the person’s name/email address/home address into the search bar and hit SEARCH NOW.
- Wait a few minutes as Spokeo gathers data from its billions of records. Once finished, you’ll receive a report containing the subject’s phone number, which you can use to add to your Whatsapp’s contact list.
How to add someone on Whatsapp
Once you have the person’s number at hand, the rest is easy-peasy.
As an example, I’ll use iPhone to show you the steps on how to add a person as a Whatsapp friend. If you use an Android phone, the steps will not be quite the same, but it’s similar.
- In your phone, add the person’s number in your contact list.
- Open Whatsapp, and tap on the Chats icon. Then tap on the pen icon to find new contacts.
- In New Chat, browse through the list, then open the conversation box to send your first message.
That’s it – now you’ve successfully found and added someone on Whatsapp. Congrats!
Trying to find someone on Whatsapp without knowing their phone number is hard, but it’s not impossible. A reverse lookup by name, email address, home address and other useful identifiable information will help you easily accomplish that. Once you have used BeenVerified or Spokeo to acquire the phone number, you can save the number to your phone’s directory and launch a conversation in Whatsapp. When you do this, keep in mind that you may not approach the person in anyway that makes him/her feel threatened, or else you’ll be in trouble.