Apps like Tinder help millions of users find love, but they also provide a means for cheaters a way to lurk around. When you attempt to search for someone you know on Tinder, you discover you cannot use names to search for a specific person on this platform. However, there are 8 ways to assist you in finding out if someone is on Tinder, by using their phone number, email, name, real name, or image.
1. Tinder Rewind
If you accidentally swipe left on someone and you want to find the person again, you can subscribe on Trinder Plus, Tinder Gold, or Tinder Platinum to take back your last SWIPTE of choice. The Rewind feature can bring the profile back.
2. Re-create your account
If you don’t want to pay for Tinder subscription plans, you can delete and re-create your account, and then change your search settings to that person’s exact age and distance. Wait about 2 weeks, the Tinder profile rotation may reset. Then you may be able to see the person’s profile again.
Additional tips, create a new account and Tinder may send the person you’re looking for. An example of a cheated wife set up a profile and successfully matched her husband.1 In another case, the friend told the wife who saw her husband on Tinder, and then the wife created one and caught the cheating husband.2 You may need to know that the caught person may deny and blame you instead, and it doesn’t help your relationship.
3. Google search
Usually, you can find people’s social media profiles by Google their name, and you may find their Tinder profile in this way.
Note that you can’t simply type a name and search. Tinder doesn’t allow Google to yield direct profile matches, so you won’t get many results in this way. Instead, type “name site:tinder.com”. This trick will help you narrow your search results and give you the most relevant answers.
4. Use username URL
If you have the person’s username, you can try looking for the person’s profile by entering their username into the URL link.
Type tinder.com/@username and hit the enter key, you may be directly led to the person’s Tinder profile page. However, it depends largely on chance and the page only displays one profile at a time.
Sometimes you may receive different results when entering the same URL.
That’s why I didn’t recommend this method. But it is worth trying as it’s free and easy.
5. Find someone on Tinder by phone number
Intelius should be your first stop to search for Tinder profiles. It is one of the best people search services that comes with a powerful reverse phone lookup. Just enter a phone number, and it’ll flip through billions of public records and 50+ social networks to help you find the phone number owner, the Tinder profile, other hidden dating profiles, and more.
1) Open the Intelius search page.
2) Enter the phone number and click Search.
3) Wait for Intelius flips through millions of public records. This may take a while if there’s a lot of information linked to the phone number. Once it locates a match, it’ll generate a report containing all the phone owner’s real name, contact, photos, and 50+ social media profiles.
4) If you can’t find a Tinder profile in the report, you can choose one of the usernames in the report. Then type tinder.com/@username on the address bar and hit Enter key. You may find what you want.
5) Or type site: tinder.com Name (e.g. Harry).
6. Find Tinder account by name
If you want to find someone’s secret dating profile by name, we recommend you TruthFinder
Truthfinder is one of the best American background services and has a huge database containing data collected from public records and social media sites. Truthfinder has free public and non-public database access, including government databases. Through TruthFinder, you can find detailed information, including photos, phone numbers for secret dating sites, and social media profiles by name.
1) Go to the Truthfinder search page.
2) Enter your partner’s name and click Search.
3) Wait for Truthfinder to search the database. Once it locates a match, it’ll generate a report containing all the available photos, secret numbers, and social media profiles linked to the name.
7. Find Tinder account by email
Many people try to find a Tinder account because they are worried their partner is cheating on them. I once saw people posting on forums about their partner who had searched for Tinder. They entered their partners’ email addresses and wondered whether recognizing email meant they had a Tinder account.3 However, it’s not an effective way to figure out because no matter which email address you entered, Tinder replied with the same response.
In this case, you’ll need a people search tool that allows you to find someone’s public social media accounts with emails. BeenVerified is the one that allows you to run a reverse email search. By entering your partner’s email address, you’ll get a detailed report including the person’s full name, contact info, current addresses, marriage records, criminal records, social media accounts, and more.
1) Go to BeenVerified.
2) Choose the search engine tab according to the information you have.
E.g. Click People Search if you want to search for someone by name.
3) Wait for BeenVerified to search the databases. Once done, you’ll see the report associated with the information you input.
4) If you can’t find a Tinder profile in the report, you can choose one of the usernames in the report. Then type tinder.com/@username on the address bar and hit the Enter key. You may find what you want.
5) Or type site: tinder.com Name (e.g. Harry).
You can also use the BeenVerified app (available for both iOS and Android devices) to find someone on Tinder by phone number safely and legally.
8. Find Tinder account by photo
There are 2 ways to find someone’s Tinder account by photo. You can either run Google image search or Social Catfish reverse image lookup.
I recommend you try Google image search first as it’s free and easy. As one of the most popular reverse image tools, Google Image allows you to upload an image and Google will identify similar images in its results.
Click the camera icon on Google and upload or paste the photo URL to search for the image.
If you can’t find results on Google, you can try SocialCatfish.
Reverse image search on Tinder
You can use Social Catfish to find someone on Tinder by image. Upload the image to Social Catfish, the site will scan thoroughly for matches from online networks, public databases, and multiple search engines. You’ll see the identifying details and track what websites a person has a profile on including Tinder and other major dating sites/apps. You can use this tool to check if the person is real or not.
1) Go to the Social Catfish.
2) Browse and upload an image from your device then click Search.
3) Wait a second you’ll get a search result. Click View Report.
4) Check the report to see if you’re chatting with a catfish.
Protect yourself from Tinder data breach
Tinder was reported spreading user information like dating choices and precise location to third-party companies in 2020. The owner of Tinder said they only share information with third parties that comply with applicable laws, but it’s hard for the consumer to have a basic overview of what and where their personal data might be transmitted, and how it is used. Back in 2018, Tinder was attacked by hackers using just a user’s phone number. Although it has changed its system to protect itself, this does reflect something.
Overall, no matter which dating app you’re using, it’s crucial to be cautious about keeping your sensitive personal information private. For those who are worried about leaking personal data, you can try Aura – an identity protection service that can protect you and your family from fraud, data breaches, and other scams across all devices.
People search tools can tell you who you’re dealing with. Knowing for certain you’re not dealing with a scammer, a cheater or someone dangerous can give you some peace before you take things to the next level.
- Divorce and separation [Anonymous]. (2020, April 16). Advice please!! Chatting with my husband on tinder [Online forum post]. netmums. https://www.netmums.com/coffeehouse/life-504/divorce-separation-1113/1897522-advice-please-chatting-my-husband-tinder.html ↩︎
- Jane Doe Alley [incogneato]. (2022, April 29). Husband got caught on Tinder. He tried to say I made the profile to set him up and to cause drama in our marriage. [Online forum post]. lipstick alley. https://www.lipstickalley.com/threads/husband-got-caught-on-tinder-he-tried-to-say-i-made-the-profile-to-set-him-up-and-to-cause-drama-in-our-marriage.4885023/ ↩︎
- Families [007Momma3]. (2022, April 3). Think my husband has tinder [Online forum post]. whattoexpect. https://community.whattoexpect.com/forums/relationships/topic/think-my-husband-has-tinder-132001117.html ↩︎