Snapchat Account Finder
Search & verify who’s behind a Snapchat account
While Snapchat is a popular platform for sharing moments, connecting with friends, and capturing life’s fleeting snapshots, the rise of fake and spam accounts is an undeniable reality. If you’ve ever questioned the genuineness of someone you’re interacting with on Snapchat, it’s time to uncover the truth behind the suspicious account.
Find signs of a fake Snapchat account
Although determining whether an account is fake or not can be difficult, there are some indicators that we can look for:
- The account is not using the Snapchat feature Bitmoji.
- Snap map location doesn’t match with what the people claimed to be.
- Too many misspellings in conversations and responses are always late.
- Stories of the account are empty or the photos in it seem to be from the Internet rather than from the account’s owner.
- Snap Score reflects the degree of use of Snapchat. So if someone’s Snap Score is less than 1000, it means they aren’t so engaged in the App, which is suspicious.
- Asking you for financial help, introducing you to business opportunities, or selling you certain products or services.
The above may give you some clues about whether you should be suspicious of a Snapchat account. But it’s still not a 100% clear answer if you find signs like them. To be more sure and dig deeper to find out who’s behind a fake Snapchat account, below are some methods you can try.
Method 1: Cross-reference in Google and social media sites
The first method you can try is to cross-reference with Google Images and other social media sites to see if they can give you some related results.
You can take advantage of the image search and upload the picture you downloaded from Snapchat to see where it came from, which possibly allows you to trace it back to the original owner.
On other social media platforms like Instagram and Facebook, you can enter the Snapchat username and search to find out if there is any account that is possibly from the fake account owner.
Method 2: Search in Social Catfish
Social Catfish began as a dating investigation service, but after years of development, it‘s now a full-featured social media search tool. By searching with a username, you can find the owner of a Snapchat account and learn more about them with little effort.
How to use Social Catfish:
1. Visit the Social Catfish official website or directly enter a username below and click Search Now.
2. Social Catfish will then scan its database and present you with the correct match within minutes. From the report, you’ll find out who’s the fake account owner and a lot more details.
Method 3: Look up the username with Spokeo
Spokeo is an advanced social media search tool that provides access to 120+ social networks. With just a username, the website can track all digital footprints related to the username using data gathered from numerous public records and social media sites.
Steps to run a Spokeo search:
1. Go to the Spokeo username search page. Type a Snapchat username and click Search Now.
2. Wait for a while as Spokeo finds matching results for you from 12+ billion of records. Once finished, you will receive a comprehensive report about the Snapchat owner you searched for.
To avoid being scammed or catfished on Snapchat, it’s always safer to make sure that you’re not talking with a fake person or a bot account. Doing some searches on a suspicious account will turn out to be worthwhile.
You can give the freeway a shot by doing some manual searches on both Google and social media sites in the first place. But this process requires patience and may yield nothing. Therefore running a reverse username search with tools like Social Catfish and Spokeo may be a more thorough and reliable solution for you.