Enter someone’s name to uncover their birthday.
There are dozens of scenarios where you may want to find out someone’s birthday. Perhaps you want to throw a surprise party for your crush and cannot risk letting him sniff out. Or your bestie has been dropping hints here and there about her birthday but that special day has somehow slipped your mind. Lucky for you, there are actually a couple of ways you can go about discovering DOB that don’t involve asking the person directly.
TruthFinder is my personal favorite tool to find out accurate dates of birth information about people. Just enter a name, then within seconds, TruthFinder will process the data and dish up all available information about the person you searched. This includes their DOB, social media accounts, personal specifics, and so on if available.
- Go to TruthFinder official website.
- Pop in the name of the person whose exact birthdate you wish to find out and click Search.
- You’ll receive a detailed personal report. Click to view the report and you’ll see their birth info.
Intelius is another people search portal to find out someone’s exact date of birth privately and secretly. Just enter a name, phone number, email address, or home address, then the Intelius engine will pull up a report containing all background information of a person.
- Go to Intelius Official Website.
- Choose the search type: name, phone, and address (For email search, you’ll need to sign up), then enter the information and click Search.
- Within seconds, Intelius will gather the associated records for the individual you search. To view their exact birth date, just click to see the background report.
BeenVerified is a popular tool to access someone’s public records. It doesn’t provide accurate birthdates of a person, but it does uncover someone’s birth month & year, contact information, family members, and social media profiles.
Step 1: Go to BeenVerified Official Website.
Step 2: Enter name/phone number/email address, or social media username of the person, and click SEARCH.
Step 3: You’ll also be prompted to provide the city and state information to refine the search(which speeds up the search). If you’re not sure, you can just leave them on.
Step 4: Wait for BeenVerified to build the report. From the report, you’ll learn all relevant information about him/her, their birth info included.
4. Search by photo with Social Catfish
Starting out as a dating investigation service, Social Catfish combines finding people and verifying their identities. It is a compact 6-in-1 social media finder that allows you to find out someone’s birth information, by name, phone number, email address, image, username, and physical location.
With 200+ billion records in its database, the engine is not just limited to the US, but 100+ more countries and regions across the globe. This means that if you have someone outside of the US that you want to search, don’t look further than Social Catfish.
- Go to Social Catfish Official Website.
- Choose a search type, enter the information and click Search.
- Within minutes, you’ll receive a detailed report about the person you searched. This usually includes their DOB.
Spokeo is a top-notch people search tool that allows you to search names to retrieve the birthday information that belongs to that specific person. And all searches are done private – the people you searched will not be notified.
Here is how to use Spokeo to look up someone’s DOB.
- Go to Spokeo official website.
- In the search box, type in the first name, last name and state as suggested, then hit SEARCH NOW.
- Wait a while as Spokeo generates a report for your search.
- There you go – you’ll be presented with all information belonging to the person you search, birth information included.
6. Ask a mutual friend
Do you have any mutual friends? If yes, don’t be afraid to reach out to them and ask if they happen to know the person’s day of birth. Just make sure that mutual contact is outspoken and not someone who’s trying to pull a prank on you, and you may get the exact information you need. Even if they can’t name it off the top of their head, they could offer you some clues or think it out for you.
If you want to remain as low-key as possible, tell that person to keep it a secret for you.
7. Use the power of social media
Social media is one of the great places where you can find birthdates of a person, since nowadays most of us have been using more than one social media and most people wouldn’t mind sharing birthdays on social media platforms. Before diving in, you can think about which platform he or she uses the most and start your digging there. Usually, all you have to do is scroll through their profiles and posts – the steps are more of the same and here I take Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, and Linkedin as examples.
On Facebook, there are three ways you can find out someone’s birthdate: simply log into your account, then pull up their profile, and go to
- About page > Contact and Basic Info > Birthday to see if they have filled in their birthday information.
- Even > Birthdays and see if the person’s birthday is showing up as upcoming.
- Facebook timeline, then scan the timeline to see if you can find a group of birthday celebration posts made over the past years.
On Instagram, there is no specific section where you can go and check someone’s personal information. But you can still do your digging on the platform. To do so, simply log into your account, use the search function to find out their Instagram profile, then check out their bio, scour over their previous posts (especially tagged posts if you both follow each other), stories, the posts of the friends who they have been close with, or, you can even try with hashtags such as #birthday to see if you can get hold of the information or any clues that may lead you to it.
Snapchat displays a birthday cake emoji next to users’ names on their special days. This makes it a very good opportunity to figure out someone’s birthday if they know that big day is on the horizon. Otherwise, you may need to hop on and check every day, which takes a bit of patience and legwork.
Linkedin is a social network for professionals and businesses. If the person whose birthday you’d like to know has a Linkedin profile, you can visit their profile, and then scroll through their bio and posts to see if any birthday posts come up. Beware, though, the person will be notified of your visit – so if you do want to try your luck there, get yourself a plausible explanation of why you showed up there.
That’s it – seven methods to help you investigate your friend’s birthday without asking them directly. Hopefully, it has helped. If you have any questions, ideas, or suggestions, please let me know in the comments. Thanks.