There’re just a lot of reasons someone would delete social media accounts all of a sudden — maybe it’s just an impulse act, or maybe it’s to get rid of some memories and start afresh.
But in most cases, we as friends are curious about what was in the account. If you’re having the same thought, don’t worry. Whether the account is deleted or disabled, it’s still possible to recover posts with some third party tools.
How to find deleted Instagram account or posts
Here’s some proven tips that’ll help you find deleted someone’s deleted Instagram account or posts. You may get more results searching by a username. If you don’t have the username, try searching with other information such as the name, phone number or even just a picture.
1. Search the username here
The easiest and most efficient way to search someone’s online footprint is to search the IG username in the box below. This will generate a report containing all the available photos and social accounts associated with that person (you may even see when the account became inactive).
Reverse Instagram Search
Enter IG username to search for deleted accounts, photos & more
2. Search the IG username in BeenVerified
BeenVerified is a people search tool specializing in social media search. It collects data from 55+ social networks and cross-references them with millions of public records. By searching with the Instagram username, you’ll see a report containing all the available social media accounts and photos associated with that person.
- Go to the BeenVerified search page.
- Enter the Instagram username and click Search.
(If you don’t remember the username, try searching with the person’s real name)
- Once it locates a match, it’ll generate a report containing all the available photos and social media accounts linked to the username. You may also see when the account was created and when it became inactive.
3. Search the real name on TruthFinder
Believe or not, leaving Instagram is difficult. So in fact many people would choose to create a new account and delete the old one. Having multiple IG accounts is nothing new among GenZs and Millennials. To find someone’s secret Instagram, you need a powerful tool like TruthFinder. It’s a versatile service that allows you to track someone’s secret social profiles.
- Go to TruthFinder.
- Enter the person’s full name and click Search.
- Wait for TruthFinder to search the social media data and third party databases. Once it finds a match, you’ll see all the social media profiles associated with the person. You can also view the secret Instagram profiles if there’s any.
4. Track digital footprint with Spokeo
Spokeo is a powerful alternative to BeenVerified. It’s arguably one of the best social media search tool you can find on the Internet. By reversing an Instagram username, you may find that person’s digital footprint on 120+ social networks including dating sites.
- Go to Spokeo.
- Enter the Instagram username and click Search Now.
- It may take a minute for Spokeo to search the database. Once it locates a match, you can unlock the report and view photos and available accounts on 120+ social networks.
5. Search the photo on Social Catfish
Even when an Instagram account is deleted, the same username is still unavailable. So it makes sense if you can’t find anything with a username. But don’t worry, you can try searching a photo or the Instagram profile image. Many people use the same picture for their online profiles, so you can take advantage of this and run a reverse image search.
And Social Catfish offers a powerful photo search, allowing you to search dozens of social networks plus dating sites (places beyond Google’s reach). Unlike other search tools, it uses AI technology to recognize and cross-reference images. You can start by searching the Instagram profile image, and the result may include old photos and accounts on other social media sites.
- Go to Social Catfish.
- Upload an image and click Search.
- It might take a few minutes for Social Catfish to search the database. Once done, unlock the profile and get the information you need.
6. Search the profile URL in Wayback Machine
Life hackers may be familiar with the Wayback Machine: it’s a digital database that allows you to take screenshots of a webpage, also a great source to find information on pages which are no longer available. All you need is an Instagram profile URL and you’re good to go.
- Go to Wayback Machine.
- Enter the profile URL of the deleted Instagram account. Press Enter.
- Select a year. Click the colored dots in the calendar to see the cached page. (If you see an Instagram login page, just try the earlier dates.)
- Once you see the cached page, you can upload the image on Social Catfish to search for more information.
7. Search the username in Google
Google can help you on lots of things, including finding someone’s online presence. This might not get you as many details as the methods above, but it’s definitely worth a shot.
When you’re searching the username on Google, knowing some common tricks would surely give you a leg up. For instance, you can add
site:tinder.com to your search string to only show results from Tinder. And if the username consists of symbols like underscores, simply replace them with space.