Want to erase the data on your iPhone? Many iPhone users are also trying to do so before they sell or give away their iPhone.
Perhaps you don’t know how to erase your iPhone data, but in fact it’s very easy. The following are two methods to effectively erase your iPhone data and help you protect your privacy.
Methods to try
You don’t have to try them all; just work your way down the list until you find the one that works for you.
Your iPhone has an erase setting you can use to erase all your data and personal settings. Here’s how to use it:
1) On your iPhone, tap Settings.
2) Go to General > Reset.
3) Tap Erase All Content and Settings.
4) Enter your password if you’re asked to do so.
5) Wait for your iPhone to finish erasing your data and settings.
The other secure way to erase your iPhone data is to use an erase program. If you want to erase your data easily and permanently, you can use dr.fone.
dr.fone is a mobile device toolkit that contains a data erase tool. It will scan your iOS device for your private data and you can choose what items you want to permanently delete. All data erased with this tool will be gone forever, and you don’t need to worry that someone will be able to recover these data.
To use this tool:
1) On your computer, download and install dr.fone.
2) Connect your iPhone to your computer.
3) Open dr.fone and click Erase.
4) If your want to erase all your iPhone data, click Erase Full Data. Or if you want to erase specific private data, click Erase Private Data.
5) Follow the instructions of the program to wipe all your data, or to scan your iPhone and choose what you’re going to delete. (You may need to register your program before you can erase your data — you’ll be prompted to do so if you click the Erase button.)