How to Easily Fix Touch ID Not Working on iOS Devices
Your Touch ID not working? Don’t panic! There are solutions you can try to fix the touch ID not working issue in your iPhone or iPad.Check it out…
You wake up your iPhone/iPad, trying to unlock your iPhone/iPad, and suddenly your touch ID is not working and you can’t login using your fingerprint!
Don’t panic! Many iOS users have encountered this problem. The good news is, you can fix the touch ID not working issue quickly and easily.
Try these fixes:
- Make sure to have the latest version of iOS
- Make sure your fingers and the Home button clean and dry
- Re-enable touch ID
- Add new fingerprints
Fix 1: Make sure to have the latest version of iOS
The software issues in your iPhone or iPad can result in the touch ID not working issue, so you should make sure that you have the latest version of iOS in your device, as Apple keeps releasing the latest updates for the iOS software to fix some bugs and improve the experience.
1) Make sure your iPhone/iPad is connected with WiFi network, as downloading the iOS software update requires fast network and large data.
2) Go to Settings > General > Software Update.
3) Let your device check for any update. If there is update pending to install, click Install Now.
4) Follow the on-screen instructions to finish the update.
5) Restart your iPhone/iPad, and try your touch ID to see if it works.
If your problem still persists, we have other solutions.
Fix 2: Make sure your fingers and the Home button clean and dry
As you may have already known, if you touch the Home button with your finger that is sweat or there’s liquid, the touch ID probably won’t be working. So you should make sure your finger is clean and dry, and also clean up the Home button before you try.
Meanwhile, if you’re using the screen protector or the phone case, you should pay attention to not covering your Home button, otherwise the touch ID won’t work either.
Fix 3: Re-enable touch ID
You can also try to re-enable touch ID in your iOS device to fix the touch ID not working issue. Here’s how to do it:
1) Unlock your iPhone/iPad with your passcode.
2) Go to Settings > Touch ID & Passcode, then enter your passcode to continue.
3) Turn off iPhone Unlock and iTunes & App Store.
4) Reboot your device.
5) Go back to Settings > Touch ID & Passcode. Then enter your passcode to continue.
6) Tap to turn on iPhone Unlock and iTunes & App Store.
Now try your touch ID to see if it works properly.
Still no luck? Okay, there’s one more thing to try.
Fix 4: Add new fingerprints
Sometimes you can add new fingerprints to your iPhone/iPad, in order to make your touch ID work again. To do so, follow the steps below:
1) Go to Settings > Touch ID & Passcode, then enter your passcode to process.
2) Make sure you don’t Turn Passcode Off, and tap Add a Fingerprint….
Note: you can add up to 5 fingerprints on your iPhone as touch ID. If you’ve already added 5 fingerprints, you’ll need to delete one or more of the prints, then you can add new fingerprints.
3) Lift and rest your finger on the Home button repeatedly, then tap Continue to keep going to capture the edges of your print.
4) Once complete, tap Continue and you can use the new fingerprint as the touch ID.
5) Restart your iPhone or iPad and try to use touch ID to see if it works.
That’s it. Hope this post comes in handy and resolves your touch ID not working issue.