When you download a video from YouTube, you can download it in 4K resolution to have a good quality video. If you already have a local video file, you can convert the video resolution to 4K resolution. Below we’ll show you how to download 4K video and convert video resolution to 4K resolution.
This article discusses:
How to download 4K video
YouTube allowd you to watch some videos on their website in 4K resolution. But they don’t allow you to download the video in 4K resolution directly. If you want to download your favorite video in 4K resolution, you need to use a third-party software to help you.
Note: Not all videos on YouTube can be downloaded in 4K resolution. If you’re not sure if the video is available to download in 4K resolution, you can check if you can watch the video online in 4K resolution.
To check that, click the Settings icon (the gear icon) at the bottom of the video and select Quality. Then see if the video supports 4K quality. If it supports 4K, it means you can download the video in 4K resolution. If it doesn’t, you need to convert the video resolution after you download the video. See How to convert a video resolution to 4K resolution.
If you’re not sure which video downloader is best, you can use 4K Video Downloader. We’ve tried and reviewed many video downloaders and found 4K Video Downloader is the best option to download 4K video. With the easy-to-use interface, 4K Video Downloader allows you to download the video with the YouTube video URL. You can download the video with four steps:
1) Download and install 4K Video Downloader on your computer.
2) Copy the URL of the YouTube video that you want to download in 4K resolution.
3) Launch 4K Video Downloader and click Paste Link.
Wait until the Parsing process completes.
4) Click the three-dot icon and click Show in Folder to get the downloaded 4K video.
4K Video Downloader has Free Version and Pro version. The Free version satisfies your requirement on downloading 4K video, but if you want more features, you can upgrade to the Pro version.
If you can’t download the video in 4K resolution with 4K Video Downloader, you can convert the video resolution manually.
How to convert a video resolution to 4K resolution.
You can use a third-party software to convert the video resolution. We recommend the Movavi Video Converter. Movavi Video Converter not only allows you to convert the video resolution but also allows you to convert the video format. With just a few steps, you can convert the video resolution in 4K.
1) Download and install Movavi Video Converter on your computer. Launch it as soon as the installation completes.
2) Click Add Media -> Add Video to select the video you wish to convert the resolution.
3) Under the Video tab, select 4K, then select the quality you want.
4) Click CONVERT.
5) Click Convert with Watermark, then wait until the conversion completes. If you don’t want the watermark, you can upgrade the Trial version to the Pro version.
Note the 4K video can take up more space. You can know the size of the 4K video before you use Movavi Video Converter to convert the video. Then you can decide if it’s necessary to convert the video.
Hopefully you find the tips above helpful. If you have any questions, ideas or suggestions, feel free to leave a comment below. We’d love to hear from you.