How to Backup Files in Windows 10
As a Windows user, you know Windows will trouble you now and then. So it’s quite important to do a backup to protect your important files in case any severe error occurs.
Way 1: Use an external drive
It’s the most common way to backup your files, everybody knows it.
1. Plug in your removable external device like USB, SSD or DVD/CD.
2. Copy and paste your important files to the device.
Just 2 steps and you’re done!
Way 2: Use File History to backup
File History is an in-built tool in the Windows system. This tool aims to help you backup important system files to an external drive or network.
- Plugin your external drive.
- Press the Windows logo key + I together to open Settings.
- Choose Update & Security.
- In the left pane, click Backup.
- Click Add a drive to choose an external drive or a network location.
- Click More options.
- You can choose the files you want to backup. Scroll to the bottom to find the Exclude these folders and click Add a folder to delete the folders you don’t want.
Or click Add a folder to add more folders.
- Click Back up now to backup your files.
Way 3: Use Acronis to backup
If you want to backup files in an easy and quick way, especially for small businesses, we recommend you use Acronis product.
Acronis Cyber Backup has rewarded in Gartner’s 2019 MQ for Data Center Backup and Recovery Solutions. It delivers fast, safe and efficient service for consumers.
It supports all platforms (e.g. all types of Windows, Mac, and Linux). Acronis integrated all features so you can control your computer data from a single intuitive dashboard.
Try it now, you’ll get unlimited functionality for 30 days on 25 platforms with 1 TB of Acronis Cloud Storage.
Hopefully this article has helped you know how to backup files in Windows 10. If you have any questions or suggestions, please leave a comment below, and we’ll do our best to help.