How to back up Windows 10 [Easily]
Want to back up Windows 10 but don’t know how to do it? Don’t worry! You’ve come to the right place! It’s very, very easy! After reading this article, you should be able to back up Windows 10 easily and quickly on your own.
Follow these steps
Before you start creating a backup for Windows 10, you need to decide where to save your Windows 10 backup first. It is not a good idea to save your Windows 10 backup in the same physical disk, because if this disk fails, you’ll lose your backups. We highly recommend that you save the backup file on your external hard drive.
Note: make sure the free space on your external hard drive is sufficient to store the backup file.
Windows 10 provides you with a built-in tool to help you create a backup. Just follow the instructions below to back up Windows 10:
- Connect your external hard drive to your PC.
- On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and R at the same time to open the Run dialog. Type control and press Enter to open Control Panel.
- View Control Panel by Category. Then click Backup and Restore (Windows 7).
- On the left panel, click Create a system image. You’ll be prompted for permission, click Yes to continue.
- In the pop-up window, click the downward arrow under under On a hard disk and then select your external hard drive from the drop-down list. Then click Next.
- Select the drivers that you wan to include in the backup. The drives that are required for Windows to run will be selected by default. Make sure the free space on your external hard drive is sufficient to save a backup of the selected drives. Then click Next.
- Confirm your backup settings. Then Click Start backup.
- Wait until the process is completed. The time it will take depends on the file size of the backup and the file transfer speed of your external hard drive.
- Click No if you’re asked to create a system repair disc.
- When the backup completed, click Close.
It’s pretty easy, isn’t it? If you have any questions of suggestions, please leave your comment below.