How to back up Windows 10 [Easily]
Want to back up Windows 10 but don’t know how to do it? Don’t worry! You’ve come to the right place! It’s very, very easy! After reading this article, you should be able to back up Windows 10 easily and quickly on your own.
Follow these steps
- Decide where to save your Windows 10 backup
- Start creating a backup for Windows 10
- Bonus tip: Recover permanently deleted files from Windows 10 without backup
Before you start creating a backup for Windows 10, you need to decide where to save your Windows 10 backup first. It is not a good idea to save your Windows 10 backup in the same physical disk, because if this disk fails, you’ll lose your backups. We highly recommend that you save the backup file on your external hard drive.
Note: make sure the free space on your external hard drive is sufficient to store the backup file.
Windows 10 provides you with a built-in tool to help you create a backup. Just follow the instructions below to back up Windows 10:
1. Connect your external hard drive to your PC.
2. On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and R at the same time to open the Run dialog. Type control and press Enter to open Control Panel.
3. View Control Panel by Category. Then click Backup and Restore (Windows 7).
4. On the left panel, click Create a system image. You’ll be prompted for permission, click Yes to continue.
5. In the pop-up window, click the downward arrow under under On a hard disk and then select your external hard drive from the drop-down list. Then click Next.
6. Select the drivers that you wan to include in the backup. The drives that are required for Windows to run will be selected by default. Make sure the free space on your external hard drive is sufficient to save a backup of the selected drives. Then click Next.
7. Confirm your backup settings. Then Click Start backup.
8. Wait until the process is completed. The time it will take depends on the file size of the backup and the file transfer speed of your external hard drive.
9. Click No if you’re asked to create a system repair disc.
10. When the backup process completed, click Close.
Now you’ve created a backup for Windows 10. It’s pretty easy, isn’t it?
Bonus tip: Recover permanently deleted files from Windows 10 without backup
Professional data recovery software can help you recover those permanently deleted files from Windows 10 even without backup. Nowadays, there’re lots of data recovery software on the Internet. The data is priceless, so it’s important to choose a data recovery software you can trust. If you have no idea about it, you can try Stellar Phoenix Data Recovery Professional for Windows.
Stellar Phoenix Data Recovery Professional is a user-friendly and powerful data recovery tool. With this effortless recovery software, you can recover virtually any type of files from corrupt hard drives, lost partitions and optical media from any Windows device and compatible storage media.
IMPORTANT: If you fail to find your photos in the Recycle Bin, please avoid using the hard drive on which you used to store your photos. For example, you should avoid copying and pasting files to this hard drive, and you’d better stop installing new software on this drive to ensure the best data recovery experience.
To recover data with Stellar Phoenix Data Recovery Professional for Windows:
1. Download and install Stellar Phoenix Data Recovery Professional for Windows on another computer.
2. Run Stellar Phoenix Data Recovery Professional for Windows.
3. Connect the hard drive where you lost your data to the computer that runs Stellar Phoenix Data Recovery Professional.
4. Check the box(es) next to the type of files you want to recover. Then click the Next button.
5. Click the box next to the hard drive that you lost your data. Then click the Scan button.
6. When the scanning process completes, the application will show you all the missing or deleted files. Check the box next to the file(s) you want to recover. Then click the Recover button to recover your data.
That’s it! Just with several clicks, your precious data has been recovered.
If you have any questions or suggestions, please do not hesitate to leave your comment below.