If you back up your iPhone regularly, you would be able to recover your data, such as photos, messages and contacts easily and quickly. In this article, we’ll walk you through how to back up your iPhone step by step. Read on to find how…
How do I back up my iPhone?
- Backing up my iPhone with iCloud
- Backing up my iPhone with iTunes
- Backing up my iPhone with iMobie AnyTrans
What you might concern: What is iPhone backup?
iPhone backup is the copying and archiving of your iPhone data. When you lose you iPhone data, or buy a new iPhone, you can easily and quickly restore your iPhone data from the backup.
iCloud is built into your iPhone. You can easily set up to back up your data with iCloud on your iPhone.
Note: The screenshots below is from iOS 12 on an iPhone 8.
Here’s how you can do it:
1) Connect your iPhone with a safe Wi-Fi network.
2) Go to Settings. Tap your name, then iCloud.
3) Tab the on/off icons of items that you plan to back up.
4) If you’d like to back up your photos, tab Photos, then tab the on/off icon of iCloud Photos.
You can access the iCloud site or its app to get your photos or other data any time after the backup.
You automatically get 5GB of iCloud storage space to backup your iPhone with iCloud. If you need more space, you can easily upgrade your iCloud storage plan from your iPhone.
If you keep the iCloud backup on for the items and have available space in iCloud, and your iPhone has enough power and is connected to a Wi-Fi network, your data would be back up automatically.
Besides iCloud, Apple provides another tool for you to back up your iPhone — iTunes. You can create and use iTunes backups on your Mac or Windows computer. You usually can’t read iTunes backup content as the backup is a safe copy of your entire iPhone. But you can restore the backup onto your iPhone anytime from your computer.
See how to back up your iPhone with iTunes:
1) Download the latest version of iTunes and run it on your computer.
2) Connect your iPhone with the computer by using a USB cable.
3) Click the iPhone icon on iTunes.
4) Click Back Up Now under the Backups section.
Wait till the process ends. You can check if the backup successfully finishes though the time shown in Latest Backups.
When you want to restore the backup to your iPhone, just connect your iPhone the same computer which you do perform the backup, and click Restore Backup… in iTunes.
You can also choose a reputable third-party software to back up your iPhone. We recommend using iMobie AnyTrans as your best choice.
With iMobie AnyTrans, you can select any items to back up without a full device backup. Besides, you can export iPhone music to your computer. Moreover, you can make your iPhone backup automatically and wirelessly with AnyTrans.
Here’s how you can back up your iPhone with AnyTrans:
1) Download the latest version of AnyTrans and run it on your computer.
2 Connect your iPhone to the computer with a USB computer.
3) Click Air Backup Manager. If asked for confirmation, tap Trust this computer on your iPhone.
4) Disconnect your iPhone from the computer. Then connect both to the same Wi-Fi network. Once your iPhone and computer connect to the same Wi-Fi network, the backup process will start automatically. You can set up Air Backup Preference and schedule Air Backup on your need.
That’s all there is to it. Feel free to comment below for any questions. We’ll help you out.