You must be so frustrated if Facebook videos are not playing/loading on your computer? Don’t panic! This is a common problem and many people who run into this issue have fixed it. Though it’s sometimes hard to locate the cause why your Facebook video is not playing, you can try the solutions in this article that has helped people who have the same issue.
Try these fixes
- Check the Internet connection
- Enable Flash Player
- Reinstall Flash Player
- Disable ad blocker
- Update your browser and Flash Player extension
- Try another browser
- Download the Facebook videos
Why is Facebook video not playing or loading?
One of the common reasons why Facebook video is not playing, is because of the slow Internet connection: if your Internet connection becomes slow, it can’t load or even play the Facebook videos. In addition, if videos have been blocked, you shouldn’t be able to see those videos on Facebook. At the meantime, you need to ensure that you can play videos and animations on this device.
Though it’s not easy to locate the reason, there are workarounds and we’ll help you fix the issue and play the Facebook videos in no time!
As mentioned above, the possible cause for Facebook video not playing is the network connection, so you should first check the network condition in your computer.
You can disconnect the current Internet, and then reconnect to the network. By doing this, you’ll have a refresh network connection, and hopefully get your Internet working again. Then try playing the Facebook video again to see if it works.
If you’re not sure whether it’s the Internet connection issue, you can play Youtube videos, or some other online videos in your computer, and see if it makes any differences. If you can’t play Youtube videos or other online videos either, then you should have found the cause of Facebook video not playing. Just check your network connection or contact your ISP to get a faster network.
Normally you need to enable Flash Player in your browser, so you can play videos and animations online. If Flash Player is disabled, you’ll fail to play or load Facebook videos.
It varies from browsers to browsers to enable Flash Player, so we take Google Chrome here as an example:
1) Click Settings on Chrome browser.
2) Go to Advanced > Content settings in Privacy and security.
3) Click Flash Player.
4) Ensure to enable Flash Player.
5) Also make sure that Facebook site is not in the Block list. If the Facebook site is in the Block list, you can’t play videos because Flash Player is disabled on the Facebook site, so remove it from the list.
Then try playing Facebook videos again.
This should fix your Facebook videos not playing or loading issue. If the issue still persists, don’t worry. You can try other solutions below.
You can try reinstalling Flash Player in your computer to fix the Facebook video not playing issue. Here’s how to do it:
21o to the Flash Player download page in your browser.
2) Select the operating system running in your computer. Windows, Mac OS and Linux are available (in my case I choose Windows 10/Windows 8).
3) Select a Flash Player version. If you’re using Chrome or Opera, choose FP 30 for Opera and Chromium – PPAPI. If you’re using Firefox, choose FP 30 for Firefox – APAPI.
4) Click Download now to download the file.
5) Run the downloaded file and install it in your computer.
Restart your computer, and see if Facebook videos play successfully now.
If you’re using an ad blocker on your browser or in your computer, you should consider disabling the ad blocker, then see if Facebook videos can play.
If Facebook video can play without issues, it seems to be a problem caused by your ad blocker, and you should enable Facebook site in your ad blocker.
The outdated browser version or Flash Player can lead to videos not playing in Facebook. So you can try updating your browser and Flash Player in your browser to resolve the problem.
As the steps vary from browser to browser, we’ll take Google Chrome as an example.
Step 1: Update your Chrome browser
1) Click Settings from the upper right corner.
2) Click the menu button on the left, and select About Chrome.
3) Check if your Chrome is up to date, and update it if there’s new version available.
Step 2: Update Flash Player
1) Type chrome://components/ in the browser address bar, and press the Enter key on your keyboard.
2) Click Check for update in Adobe Flash Player.
3) You should be able to update if there’s any available update, then follow the on-screen instructions to finish.
Restart your computer and try playing Facebook videos again.
This method works for many people who are experiencing Facebook video not playing issue. If your problem happens in your browser, such as Chrome, you can try playing videos on another browser, such as Firefox, Microsoft Edge, or Internet Explorer.
If Facebook videos start playing after switching to different browser, then you should have found (and fixed) your problem.
If Facebook videos still doesn’t play, you can try the following solution.
If the Facebook videos are still not playing, try this all-in-one method: downloading the video from Facebook and playing it on your computer.
By downloading the Facebook videos, you can fix the Facebook video not playing issue and watch the videos offline. Try the best free Facebook video downloader to automatically download the videos with a few clicks!
1) Download install the WinX downloader in your computer.
2) Copy the URL of the Facebook video, and click this button:
3) WinX downloader will recognize your URL, and click Analyze.
4) Once analyzed, select the resolution and format that you want, and click OK.
5) Then click Download to download the video.
Now go to the folder where you save your video and play to enjoy it!