Fix Mac Error Code -8072
Many Mac users have recently experienced an error with their computer. They see an error code -8072 while trying to move files or folders to Trash or empty their Trash.
If you’re also experiencing this issue, you’re no doubt very frustrated. But don’t worry. We’ve put together two solutions to help you fix this error and remove your files.
Try these solutions
There are still alternative ways you can remove your files or empty your Trash. You may not have to try them all; just choose the right one for you.
You can try force emptying your Trash if you can’t empty it normally. To force empty your Trash:
- Click and hold your Trash until you see its context menu appears.
- Press and hold the Shift key and Option key on your keyboard, then click Empty Trash.
Check to see if your Trash is empty now. Hopefully it is, but if not you may need to…
You can also remove your files or folders with Terminal on your Mac computer. Note that this will remove them permanently. Here’s how you can do it.
- On your desktop, click Go, then click Utilities.
- Double click Terminal.
- Type the following line (DON’T press Enter on your keyboard):
Note that there is a space at the end.
- Open Finder.
- Go to where the file or folder you want to remove is located.
- Drag the file or folder to the Terminal window.
- On your Terminal, press the Enter on your keyboard.
This should remove the file or folder.
Hopefully, one of the methods above help you remove your files or folders. If you have any questions, leave us a comment below!