Over the past few years, we can see more and more people hanging out on TikTok and Instagram. But still, many millennials and Gen-Zers only share their life on Snapchat. Unlike these two, Snapchat is more about private chats and selfies sharing. Some Snapchatters don’t even have an Instagram/Facebook account.
So whether you’re a concerned parent or just a Snap-hungry user, you may find it a bit difficult to find people you know on the platform. But don’t worry. In this tutorial, we’ll show you several ways to find someone on Snapchat with only a phone number.
Method 1: Find Snapchat accounts with Intelius
To find a specific person on social media, you can try searching the phone number on people search engines.
And Intelius is top of the line. It collects data from 50+ social media sites before cross-referencing them with millions of public records, which makes it possible for you to unearth a person’s online identity. By searching with a phone number, you may find the owner’s secret photos, address history and social profiles on Snapchat, Tinder, TikTok and more.
Step 1: Go to the search page of Intelius.
Step 2: Enter the phone number and click Search.
Step 3: Sit tight while Intelius flips through millions of public records. This may take a while, if there’s a lot of information linked to the phone number. Once it locates a match, it’ll generate a report containing all the photos, address histories and 50+ social media profiles of the phone owner.
Method 2: Search the number on BeenVerified
One can tell from the rarely-seen reverse username search that—when it comes to social media search, you want to make BeenVerified one of your must-tries. By searching with just a phone number, you may find photos of the owner and dozens of associated social media accounts.
- Go to the search page of BeenVerified.
- Enter the phone number and click Search.
- Within a minute, it’ll generate a detailed background report containing all available photos and social media accounts associated with the person.
Though Snapchat is not yet supported on BeenVerified at the moment, you may still find the person by searching with the username in the report — it may sound unbelievable, many people use one username from site to site.
Method 3: Look up the number on Social Catfish
Social Catfish is an online dating investigation service, but what it can do is more than that. It collects billions of public data from social media and dating sites, making it a powerful tool find someone on all social networks. By searching with a phone number, in seconds you’ll get all the available photos and online profiles of a person.
- Go to Social Catfish.
- Enter the phone number and click Search. (You can also choose to search with the full name or an email.)
- Wait for Social Catfish to search the database. Once it finds a match, you can unlock the report to view all the available photos, online profiles of that person.Once you get a username, you can search it in Snapchat. Many of us use the same username from site to site.
Method 4: Search 120+ social networks with Spokeo
Spokeo is a famous people search tool that specializes in tracking digital footprints. Starting out as a social media aggregator, Spokeo always receives mixed comments for being so thorough and accurate. The website is simple to use: just enter the name or the phone number, and you’ll see a person’s accounts on 120+ social networks.
- First go to the Spokeo search page. Enter the name or phone number and hit SEARCH NOW.
- It’ll take a few minutes for Spokeo to search the database. Once it finds a match, you’ll see a report containing all the available online profiles on 120+ social networks.
Method 5: Use the Search button
After several major updates, Snapchat is not as exclusive as it once was. In a sense, it’s actually easier to connect with others on the platform — now you can search a name or a phone number in the app (if that person allows it in the settings). And you may find the person you’re looking for in the search suggestions.
- To do so, simply open the app and tap the search icon at the top. Then type a name, a username or a phone number.
- If that person is on Snapchat and allows others to search by phone number, you should see the account in the results.
Method 6: Sync your contact list
If you are a new user on Snapchat, there’s actually a step where Snapchat asks you to find friends by syncing your contact list. If you didn’t notice or skip that, you can always use this feature to find people you know.
But note that by doing so, your contacts will also be uploaded to the Snapchat servers. If you are comfortable sharing your personal info with the platform, simply use these steps to sync your contact list:
- Open Snapchat. At the top-left corner, tap the profile icon.
- In your profile page, scroll down until you see the Friends section. Select Add Friends.
- In the Add Friends page, scroll down and tap the Find Friends button.
- It should ask to access your Contacts. Tap ALLOW and you’ll see all the friends by phone number.Note that if someone turned off this feature in their privacy settings, you won’t be able to find them with this trick.
Method 7: Find nearby friends on Snapchat
If you’re not comfortable giving out your contacts, you can also check out the Snap Map feature and see who in your area is actively on Snapchat. If the person you’re looking for posted any stories, you may see that on the map. This also work well in remote areas and towns that are not so populated.
- To find nearby users, simply open Snapchat and swipe down to see the Snap Map.
- Once the map opens, you’ll see some blue dots on the map. When you tap on the dots, you can see Snapchat stories uploaded by other users.
- If you find something familiar, click View Creator at the bottom to see the account profile.
Disclosure: We only recommend products we believe in. Products that work. But, just so you know, we may earn commission in doing so.