Reverse Instagram Search
Enter IG username to search for name, phone number & more
Say you’re browsing some celeb’s Instagram comments and an Instagram account got your attention. You want to learn more about this person, like who’s behind the account, the real name, phone numbers and stuff. So you click to find the account is set to private and this, however, is making you even more curious.
If that’s what you’re thinking right now, then you’re in the right place. In this post, we’ll show you how to find phone numbers from a private Instagram account.
Method 1: Reverse lookup the username
To find someone’s phone number from an Instagram account, you can reverse lookup the IG username on people-search engines. They’re online databases that give you access to deep web information you can’t find on Google.
When it comes to social media search, you’ll want to make BeenVerified your first stop. With a massive amount of data collected from 55+ social networks, it can help you easily cross-reference and uncover phone numbers linked to a name or an Instagram username.
- Go to the BeenVerified search page.
- Enter the Instagram username and hit SEARCH.
- Wait for BeenVerified to search the database. Once it locates a match, it’ll generate a report containing all the available information. It may tell you who owns this account, what’s the linked phone number and what other accounts this person has.
Spokeo is another famous public record database, and its true talent lies in the social media search. Formerly a social media aggregator, Spokeo collects data from more than 120 social networks, which means you can reverse lookup anyone on almost every major social media.
- Go to Spokeo Username Search.
- Enter the Instagram username and click SEARCH NOW.
- Once Spokeo hits a match, you can unlock the report and get the information tied to the username, which may include ownerships, contact info and accounts on other social networks.
Method 2: Reverse search the profile image
1. Social catfish
By tracking the Instagram profile image, there’s a great chance you can find out more about the person. And when it comes to finding someone with pictures, Social Catfish should be your first tool of choice. An online dating investigation service featuring a powerful reverse image search, Social Catfish makes it possible to catch massive information about a person via an image.
- Visit the target private profile. Right click the profile image and click Save image as… to save the profile picture to your PC.
- Open Social Catfish Image Search. Click the search box to upload the image. Then click Search.
- It might take a few seconds to search the database. Once it locates a match, you can unlock the report and get the useful information you need: related photos, contact info, other social media accounts, etc.
PimEyes is a famous website dedicated to image recognition and reverse image search. By uploading the Instagram profile image on PimEyes, you may find the person on other social networks and hence get hold of the contact details.
- Go to PimEyes.
- Click Upload a photo to upload the picture. (You can also search with the image URL.)
- PimEyes would filter some of the similar images, so you may not get as many results as on Google. But it’s more likely you can find the original website of the picture. Note that you may only need a name to locate the person on Instagram.
Method 3: Use the “forgotten password” trick
So here’s a shady but effective trick. Instagram shows the phone number linked to the account when you’re trying to reset the password. You can take advantage of this feature to take a peek at the owner’s contact info. That said, sending the follow request is absolutely a better way.
- Firstly, identify the account that’s impersonating you. Make sure you have noted down the username. (If you don’t know where the username is, check out the example below)
- Go to your Instagram profile page. On the top left corner, tap your username.
- In the pop-up window, tap Add Account. This will take you to the login page.
- In the login page, tap Forgot password.
- Enter the username and continue to the next step. In the account recovery page, you’ll see the email/phone number linked to the Instagram account. Though the information is partial, you can cross reference it with the reports you acquired from BeenVerified or Spokeo.