Wondering who’s behind that phone number that keeps calling or texting you? You’ve come to the right place. In this post, we’re rounding up 6 methods for you to find name from a phone number and uncover more useful info about the owner.
1. Search here
The easiest and most effective way to find someone’s name by phone number is to start right here:
BeenVerified is a powerful phone number search engine. Whenever you have a phone number whose owner you don’t recognize, simply type the digit in BeenVerified Phone Lookup engine, then it will scour billions of records in its database, find available relevant info about the owner and compile it into a detailed report for you.
Here’s how to use BeenVerified to try to find the owner of an unknown cellphone/landline number.
- Go to BeenVerified Phone Lookup.
- Pop the 10-digit cell phone number into the box and hit SEARCH.
- The report is ready and waiting. Once you access the report, you will see the phone number owner’s name, photos, email addresses, social media profiles and a ton more useful info.
Featuring a modern and sleek design, PeopleLooker is another popular phone number lookup tool designed to help you easily find out who a phone number is registered to.
Interested in getting a peek into someone’s social life? PeopleLooker may just help you scratch the itch. So far, it is capable of searching a person’s social media profiles on 120+ networks, which include Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube and so on.
- Go to PeopleLooker Phone Search.
- Enter phone number whose name you wish to find out and click Search.
- Wait as PeopleLooker looks up the phone owner’s name and gathers in-depth information for you.
Founded in 2006, Spokeo is a pretty advanced phone number search engine. What sets it apart from the crowd is that upon search, the engine will provide you with basic information, such as name, photos, relatives, and locations for free, so that you can decide if the person is in anyways relevant in your life or if you want to learn further.
Here is how to use Spokeo to look up the number whose owner has been calling or texting you.
- Go to Spokeo Reverse Phone Lookup.
- Enter the 10-digit phone number and hit SEARCH NOW.
- Spokeo will start retrieving owner information for the number you search and compile it in an easy-to-read report. The report usually includes the basic details of the number owner, including their name, age, locations, relations, social profiles and more.
5. Manual search
If you don’t mind putting in some time and effort, you can do some digging to find out the identity of an unknown caller or sender of a mysterious text. To do so, you can combine the power of a search engine (e.g. Google or Bing) and social media.
Here are a couple of tips to keep in mind when searching on search engines and social networks.
When using the search engine
Be sure that you enclose the phone number with quotations before hitting Search (“123-456-7890”). This tells Google to search and return only exact matching records in its database, filtering out irrelevant variant results.
Also, if you have found more than one lead, combine the phone number and the extra piece of information to search altogether. Repeat doing so until you’ve tracked down the name of the phone number owner.
When using the social media
While most platforms support phone number search site or app-wide, users are completely on their own to decide whether or not to disclose their contact information. So don’t frustrate when this approach comes up flat – it could be that the individual is not on the platform, or just doesn’t make their phone number public.