Many are reporting that they can’t redeem a promo code in Pokemon Go, and if you’re experiencing the same, read on and find out why. Let’s get into it…
Table of contents
- Why can’t you redeem a promo code in Pokemon Go?
- The correct way to redeem a promo code in Pokemon Go
- How to get more Pokemon Go promo codes?
Why can’t you redeem a promo code in Pokemon Go?
There are several reasons why you can redeem a promo code in Pokemon Go. Below you will find all possible causes of an “Invalid code” error.
1. You’re redeeming it on an iOS device
Promo code redemption in Pokémon GO is limited to Android devices only. If you don’t have an Android device, you can visit the Niantic offer redemption website and redeem promo codes there.
Apple takes 30% on all sales that go through its store which is likely the reason why promo code redemption is Android-only at present.
2. The promo code is expired
It’s very likely that the code you get online is already expired. Be sure to check active Pokemon promo codes before redeeming any.
Also, the special code you received from Niantic always expires in 3 days, so check if it’s an active code.
3. The promo code you received from the email is for another account
The code emailed to you is always account locked, so you can’t use it on a different account.
If you received it on your Google account, log in using the Google account.
4. You are using Pokémon Trainer Club (PTC) accounts
In this way, you have to redeem this code on an Android device. Redeeming it on the web or on iOS is currently unavailable.
5. You’re using Niantic Kids accounts
By default, Niantic Kids accounts cannot interact with sponsored content, including redeeming sponsored offers.
Your parent must grant your account “Sponsored Content” permissions to redeem sponsored offers. Learn How…
6. The code is for Android only
If you receive this code through email, and every time you try to redeem it, you’re told it’s an invalid code, make sure you try this on your Android device in case it’s for Android only.
7. There’s a bug
If there’s nothing wrong with your code or your redemption method, it can be on Niantic’s part.
You can try contacting their support team and get this solved quickly. They will add these items to your account if this reward is eligible.
In general, the best way to contact Pokémon GO support is through their in-app support system. To contact support through the app:
- From the Map View, open the Main Menu
- At the top right, tap Settings
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and select Get Support
- On iOS, tap Contact Us in the upper right corner. On Android, tap this button:
The correct way to redeem a promo code in Pokemon Go
- Account: Make sure you’re using a parent account. If not, make sure the “Sponsored Content” is enabled. Redeem the promo code with the correct account, which means you can’t redeem a code on a different account other than the one Niantic sent to.
- Promo code: It should be active. Check the expiration date carefully.
- Device: You can only redeem this code on Android or the redemption webpage. This feature is not on iOS currently. Sometimes a code can only be redeemed on an Android device. So if you can’t redeem a promo code in Pokemon Go, try the Android app.
How to get more Pokemon Go promo codes?
If fortunately, you have solved the problem “can’t redeem promo code in Pokemon Go”, you might start wondering if there are some other ways to get more items.
Good news for you – you can grab some promo codes from Niantic or their partners.
1. Check your emails from Niantic
As a promotion method, Niantic tries to win you back when you haven’t played the game for a long time. But some active players find they receive these emails as well.
These emails always come with a title such as We Have Missed You or Happy Holiday. These codes usually expire in 3 days, so grab it when it’s still hot.
2. Keep an eye on Pokémon Distributions
Speaking of waiting, I know your patience begins to wear thin, but you can get rare Pokémon this way. Check all current distributions and participate if there’re any.
Some may be Shiny Pokémon, while others may know moves that Pokémon of their species can’t normally learn. All quite different from those you get in normal gameplay.
Does this post help you fix the “can’t redeem promo code in Pokemon Go”? Please leave your comment below to let us hear your thoughts!